What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Watch out for a mini cycle.

I have been working on sorting THE CLOSET of mess. By doing this, I will find things I have lost, locate where things are which I do need, find MANY things I haven't needed - probably never will need again, etc.

I have a tub / tote of filters, it looks like a filter bone yard!!! 2 filters that are the right size for my Edge tanks too!!!

As for the others, I wonder if I have enough parts to put them back together again and move them to new aquatic homes.

A grocery bag of air pumps.

A big box of testing stuff.

A ziplock bag containing empty bottles from Prime ( had 3x that many but already parted with them, these were the keepers :nono:) and different things in case I need to send some home with someone or take some to somebody at work who has a fish tank emergency....or if I buy a 2 liter bottle. Recycle time!!!

I will not become /(stay) a hoarder, I will put this stuff into order and be able to use it and find it if I need it. Not just know I have seen it around somewhere. Ha, yeah right! But at least I will work on it. And TRY!!!

I had only alotted a couple hours for this :OOPS:, but I want to test everything best I can so I know it works, so maybe testing tomorrow.

But I found a couple things I had forgotten about - yipee! And 2 big boxes of Petrified Wood Stones I had in the VERY back that I am over a week overdue locating. :dance:

Thanks for bearing with me.

I'll see you soon :D

Loaches are getting a new home next week. Moved mystery snails out of the 40 until they do. Moved the lily tree from the endler tank to the shrimp tank. Ordered pressurized co2 system. Mua ha ha ha ha!

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

I'm doing so much with my tank today. I got a baby Red Tailed Shark and I had him for a few months in a 20g but I finally got the 40g tank and stand that I ordered and now I'm having to switch all of my tanks around. I'm tearing down one of my 10g betta tanks and putting the betta in a divided 10g with two other Bettas (all female), I'm moving my 3G betta tank to my bookshelf, I'm completely emptying and cleaning out the 20g that the shark is in right now and putting the empty tank where 10g betta tank was and then I'm filling the 40g tank up and decorating it with new sand and live plants, and then I'm gonna clean out my 10g community tank and get all of the algae out and maybe putting new sand in that. I want to save up more money after that to get two 13i's for each side of the divided tank and I want to get a bio wheel for my 10g community tank. Crazy day but let's do this!

I'm doing so much with my tank today.... Crazy day but let's do this!

DO it!!!(y)

And speaking of that, I have one more tank to clean out, the original Edge is a mess right now.

Today I hope to set up the 12G Edge even if it doesn't have substrate, so the plants in the bucket from the other 1st Edge I just emptied don't get ruined. No fish

For the last 3 nights, there were several dead Blue Velvet shrimp when I went to do a daily pwc, the pwc have been 50-90%. I think a couple things, it is around the time of year the water supply company switches water sources and cleans out the lines for the new source.

I saved the last 1 I could see, a youngster, I found last night and threw him into the Chocolate Cherry tank. There could be a couple more because there were a bunch of nano plants and some moss in the tank and couldn't see. I'll see today. There are about 4 in the CC tank now.

Might just reuse a bucket of water I already have to refill it as well as a 5G bottled water jug so I don't use the city water. Stop further pwc for a week and make sure to use extra prime and let the water rest a day and treat again. SUCKS.

One more reason to dig out the RO unit I have somewhere.

After this week I should have 5 tanks running but only 3 with fish until I pick up the new Rainbows (maybe Friday)

:dance: Baby Boesemani for one tank and Turquoise, and a few more Madegascar to go with the sole survivor. I will be done for adding new kinds of fish for awhile, other than adding to schools/groups.

Tank refreshes all around!!!

DO it!!!(y)

And speaking of that, I have one more tank to clean out, the original Edge is a mess right now.

Today I hope to set up the 12G Edge even if it doesn't have substrate, so the plants in the bucket from the other 1st Edge I just emptied don't get ruined. No fish

For the last 3 nights, there were several dead Blue Velvet shrimp when I went to do a daily pwc, the pwc have been 50-90%. I think a couple things, it is around the time of year the water supply company switches water sources and cleans out the lines for the new source.

I saved the last 1 I could see, a youngster, I found last night and threw him into the Chocolate Cherry tank. There could be a couple more because there were a bunch of nano plants and some moss in the tank and couldn't see. I'll see today. There are about 4 in the CC tank now.

Might just reuse a bucket of water I already have to refill it as well as a 5G bottled water jug so I don't use the city water. Stop further pwc for a week and make sure to use extra prime and let the water rest a day and treat again. SUCKS.

One more reason to dig out the RO unit I have somewhere.

After this week I should have 5 tanks running but only 3 with fish until I pick up the new Rainbows (maybe Friday)

:dance: Baby Boesemani for one tank and Turquoise, and a few more Madegascar to go with the sole survivor. I will be done for adding new kinds of fish for awhile, other than adding to schools/groups.

Tank refreshes all around!!!

Good luck!!!

3g betta
10g divided female betta sorority
10g freshwater community
40g red tailed shark
~Non aquatic~
20g gecko

So I woke up to see the new carpeting plants starting to become dislodged:
KPmUa3e.jpg
NudwZ8y.jpg
Toothpicks don't seem to be holding the plants in place. The MTS are pushing Glosso out of the substrate. Grrrrrr!!!!
I came up with an idea of how to anchor the plants into the substrate. I took tin snips and cut a 4"x4" stainless steel mesh into sixteen 1"X1" squares:
SrEpz7U.jpg
After cutting, superglue was needed to keep some of them from coming unbound.
The carpet plants were removed from the tank, placed upside down, and using a paper towel, blotted dry. The Glosso had plenty of roots while the HC Cuba had maybe 1-3 new roots per group. Next, a few drops of super glue was applied to each steel mesh square and pressed firmly to the bottom of each plant group. After letting them dry a few minutes, I dropped them into the tank. They sank like anchors. I planted each one 1/4"-1/2" deep into the EcoComplete.
82Eh4gf.jpg
xlZJQsK.jpg
I am hoping the combination of weight and the tines of the mesh will keep these in place.
I thinned out a row of Staur repens, planted Pogo erectus in the right corner, and pulled some AR mini from the left side. The DW was raised up a smidge. This is a daytime shot showing the completed work and how much direct sunlight hits the tank.
3hD1zqX.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

GAHHH!!! LITTLE MONSTER!!!!

And it's gone, fed to my cichlids

Cleaned the glass to my 55g planted.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G800A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1454189659527.jpg
    1454189659527.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 79
Last edited by a moderator:
Gotta fluval 106 Installed on the 10gallon, hooked up co2 to it also, then screwed up by not putting the rubber washer in between the cartridge and the fluval adapter. [emoji36]

Hooked my gfo reactor back up, mixed another batch of kalkwasser and cleaned the glass on both my tanks

Moved my two black neon tetras into my 55g planted community tank

20% water change on one 5 gallon, 40% water change on another 5 gallon, 50% water change on my 46 gallon. Cleaned all glass on them. Installed 36" Current Satellite Plus Pro on my Mr. Aqua 12 gallon long that is still fish less cycling.

Moved the Mr. Aqua tank over a couple feet to the left on the cabinet had to move the pad and lift the tank back onto it.

Tested and sorted some air pumps and labeled as working and tied up cords and put them into a bag for later use. Cleaned a 5G Marineland corner Eclipse tank someone is getting this week.

Basic set up for new 12 Edge tank in a few minutes. Still haven't really decided about the substrate.

This will be a nano fish tank. Will have a dwarf Cory species - probably more of the Habrosus, more Boraras Brigittae, more yellow Green Kubotai Microdevario one I have been waiting to arrive are Sundadanio Axelrodi (aka Rasbora) Blue Neon. Maybe Dwarf Hatchets. Maybe a kind of shrimp.

No fish in there yet.

Just have to get the plants out of the bucket and back into a tank.

Try to deal with the other 2 buckets of plants as well.

Did water changes on the tanks, some algae clean up, making plans to take the 10 down and do a rescape, and change out the substrate.

So disturbing news that there are two big cracks in my brand new never unwrapped 12G tank glass on the top. I was speechless. Now I will spend the next few weeks figuring this situation out. Hagen is pretty good with customer svc. But I bet it was a problem from the store level. My heart almost stopped when I opened the bag.

Not sure what plan B is for the time being...

Maybe shift gears and move the 5G Chi to the 6.6G now.

Added the plants back into the old 12G Edge. Pretty much just threw them in. Its cloudy.

Got the 6.6G Edge LR thrown in too and tried to add the inverts. I didn't see my little Pistol shrimp in the subtrate, rinsed that out and added it in. Hoping he was in the rocks or rubble and hitched in.

Otherwise I have a few inverts - snails and a couple Hermits and a Yellow Clown Goby. My Peppermint shrimp wasn't there either. Hadn't seen him since the week after the Pistol Shrimp got there. There seem to be less snails and hermits so I think the little Pistol shrimp was alive for a little while. 2 tank changes in a few weeks has to be stressfull on them.

When I can I will place an order for some pods and some new macroalgae and pick up a few more snails and hermits hopefully repopulate the tank and get it looking better again. It is cloudy and depressing atm. Should maybe have a little bit of a cycle, but will keep up with the prime and do a couple little pwc. Checked the salinity with the new water added and it was good. Need more SW.

Found this lil sprout in my 55g community. It's about an inch tall and I don't have a clue how I've missed it until now

Attachments

• 1454365486194.jpg
    1454365486194.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 89
Got my adapter in for my fluval c02 on the small tank got it going in the small tank with a larger bottle, going this weekend to pick up another large bottle for the 36g bowfront.

Had to rescue 1 of my cory's from being stuck head first in a piece of dw..
sometimes u gotta let them hard to reach bits of food go grasshopper

Over the weekend one of my Peppermint Shrimp "gave birth" to some uncountable number of free floaters...

I noticed the eggs on Saturday and saw the results on Sunday.

I'm gonna keep an eye on the pair and see how soon it happens again.

Over the weekend one of my Peppermint Shrimp "gave birth" to some uncountable number of free floaters...

I noticed the eggs on Saturday and saw the results on Sunday.

I'm gonna keep an eye on the pair and see how soon it happens again.

AWESOME!!!! Nice job with that. Is there anything to eat the free floaters or no?

Maybe Ebi Chi for babies.

Original 12G FW Edge back to being clear and using the Fluval Marine light on it since that original light bar is broken.

SW 6.6G Edge looks better but cloudy still. I am going to set up a little filter on it later - and need more SW to do a big pwc.

Back
Top Bottom