What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Skipped a day of feeding the 72G tank day before yesterday and then last night got to see the usually hiding Spotted Raphael cat and Upside-down Cat Rushing out to gobble some wafers.

The Spotted Raphael Cat is so HUGE! Since I don't really see her swimming around in the tank and just during evening feeding time once a month maybe, give or take. It was rather a shock to see her size, shimmying around scoping out the little wafers - next to the little guys. Tried to get a better pic - again - but nope.

I think about 7" as I held up my hand and she was easily that length, then measured my hand as I didn't want to be exaggerating the size. About 3.5 or 4" tall and about 3.5" wide.

Here is another from a couple days ago.
60074-albums11380-picture70010.jpg

And a fun one with 3 of the Blue Leg Crabs fighting over a wafer.

60074-albums13960-picture70011.jpg

Did a water change. Cleaned gravel impeller and siphon tube. Replaced five gal water. Fish and snails OK

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

started the 5 day detox on my blond naso lipstick tang , she is getting lots of attention from the dogs and from my wifes mom ,
I can't wait till she is ready to go back in the display tank ,

Did not attend the local fish club all day auction today ? Had other pressing, non-aquatic, items to attend to instead.
Yesterday I bleached the CO2 diffuser because the bubbles were a bit on the larger size. I also did a water change, hunted down the spawn of Satan known as duckweed, and glued some stray HC Cuba to a piece of DW:
PYTuLs3h.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Last edited:
Added a pair of pearl gourami to me 40g and they get along great with my firemouth and electric blue acara in there. I also added a pair of honey gourami to my 55g community and they love it. And finally I added a melanochromis exasperatus and a high fin cat to my cichlid tank

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G800A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Well, I lost two endlers today. So I had to remove them. One of them I have had for almost 2 years. His time had come. I will have to buy new ones next month. When those are settled in, I will add more guppies. I think another endler may die soon, it is at the top just chilling. I'll miss them.
I just filled a 2 gallon evap gap. Also I added conditioner. Finally turned on the hood light at 6:15pm. I have let the sun do the lighting today. Fed my fishies.
I said I was going to get new endlers next month. I have 2 left, do I really need to get more ASAP rather than wait because they school, or will they be fine because I have other guppie breeds in the tank?

Sent from my XT1585 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I lost my new diamond goby this morning, I have a glass top on my 20g long, and somehow he squeezed out, found him on the floor. [emoji17]

Today I did my daily hand-swipe on my java fern leaves to rid them of diatoms.

Did a water change on the 10 gallon fw tank; mixing up water for a change on the sw tomorrow, an acclimating a brittle star to add in as we speak.

I want one of those so bad.

It's the only reason I'm keeping my tank at this point, I'm THAT tired of hauling buckets, and the fact that I have high placed tanks relative to most stands makes it worse. Top of my 55 is almost 60" top of my 10 is almost 70"

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

It's the only reason I'm keeping my tank at this point, I'm THAT tired of hauling buckets, and the fact that I have high placed tanks relative to most stands makes it worse. Top of my 55 is almost 60" top of my 10 is almost 70"

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Yeah I deal with that height problem as well, I don't know the measurements but hight is awful for me.

Did pwc of about 12 - 15G on the 72G. Cleaned off a couple tufts of BBA from the DW. It seems the SAE aren't doing their job quite as well as they could be, which brings me to the Algae on the leaves of the Anubias.

So a couple things, this tank needs an auto water change set up and i need to get busy with that pretty soon.

Also I am not loving the light which is the Current USA 48-60" RBG model. Hmmmmm. I am off on a couple day trip then back for a night and off again next week so the others will have to help keep things in order. :eek:

I found my old Peppered Cory ill and late at lights out and this morning he was a gonner. None of the other ~23 Cories look like there are any issues. Fingers crossed.

Saw a too large for my appreciation Bristleworm in my SW nano. Too creepy and gross. There are now 2 which I think need to go away...somewhere.

Back
Top Bottom