What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lol - I feel your pain. I hate when you find a good deal but shipping is stupidly high.

Pulled a loose plant out of the tank and ended up removing an ice cream container full... Will replant on weekend but was nice to see the gravel.

Added 19 boraras to my shrimp tank, thought I had 20 but only counted 19! Been offered more so I'm thinking of ordering another 10, they look tiny in my 30g! Soo cute!
Pwc on my elephant nose tank looks like he's scratched himself again .
Added pictures of my new fish really struggling to get a pic of them but they won't stay still!
And thanks again Autumn ?1461412772135.jpg1461412784498.jpg

55 gallon elephant nose tank.
30 gallon shrimp and snail tank

Glad you finally found some shelleyX!!! They are adorable.

Well for got to turn the lights on in my tanks til 10 pm, as I am up late they got only half dose of light. Already having some troubles with the plants not having quite enough light as it is. I think it is time to round up all the timers I have been buying over the years and not using and get them plugged in. I kinda like just doing it myself.

Was excited to see some very you, maybe a week born Tangerine Tiger baby shrimp, an saw a few more which were probably in the month old range. The tank has some aglae on the glass from the sun shining into it in the afternoons and the tank hasn't been scraped but the shrimp are enjoying it, and makes it hard to see in easily. Was pretty pleased. Still saw 2 berried a couple nights back but one looked like she was in the middle of babies popping off!

Last night they were fairy swimming all over the tank so maybe a new batch of saddled females soon will be berried!!!

Pwc on my shrimp tank, on cleaning my filter I found a dead boraras ?
So I've taken precautions and squeezed sponges over the intake to prevent any more deaths incase they were getting sucked in.
Removed loads of plant's in my elephant nose tank it was seriously over grown in there! A lot more room in there now for him.

I added a coral beauty to my 65 gal FOWLR.ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1461520810.590372.jpg

Money can't buy happiness.... But I can buy fish, which is kind of the same thing.

Added more boraras too my shrimp tank today, all arrived alive and healthy. Didn't take them long to settle in and find my other's, really love these little guy's ?
No shrimp deaths today thank goodness hope it lasts.
Early clean on my elephant tank since he's scratched himself again! Cleaned filter's and algae scrub.
That's been my day.

Late last night checked the fish and fed them.

Then, in the Tangerine Tiger Shrimp tank I saw 3 dead large bright orange shrimp, and a young one, and saw one more later. Did 2 50% pwc and a couple gallons after that.

There was a large algae wafer I had dropped in thinking the snails and the shrimp and little Dwarf Cories would just go crazy eating. Later 12-18 hours can't really recall, they hadn't eaten that much and though usually all the MTS would still be there picking at it, there was no critters feeding. I sucked out the remnants with the handy dandy turkey baster. Even did a few extra amounts around the substrate.

The shrimp had been alive and wandering around the tank earlier in the evening.

Didn't have time to test before getting the emergency pwc's done. I am guessing an ammonia spike.

The snails had eaten one shrimp, the others, I lost a female and 2 males, all really bright orange. Why couldn't it have been the 2 I had planned to cull? (not a real question).

This morning did 2G pwc.

Had intended to do a deeper clean on the tank the other day but there were tiny new fry. :(

Really long day, got home and added some Prime. After a bit of rest will do another 50% or 50/50 pwc.

Added some trace minerals to the water, about half a dose.

Had to make a side stop too - shopping for some new SW sand as I was considering switching up the tanks anyway. (Wanted to get it into the new set up before the package came) Not content with the options at the 2 nearest not so lfs. Going to take a quick check online.

Got some liquid minerals for the SW tank and some more calcium powder for the low KH from the tap water for the FW tanks, along with a little extra Prime since I'm doing some extra tank/substrate/water cleaning this week.

My Chaeto is getting so very big! It stayed small in the HOB filter without hardly any light, its now IN the tank with lots of light.

My shipment of macroalgaes and snails should be coming, I thought maybe today, but I guess not. For some reason I didn't get a tracking number so I will need to send a email to check and make sure if it really was sent Monday.

Tomorrow is likely delivery. I will be waiting in the AM. Often the USPS drops off the packages a little earlier to the houses than the mail to the boxes.

Also I am going to try a new hook up /buy a quick connect for my FX-5 filter so I can just connect and turn the valve to drain the tank to outside. Step one for quicker water changing system for the 72G.

Sorry to hear that Autumn :( it's horrible losing our little guy's.

I got up this morning to one of my ninja shrimp dead, these are one of my favorite shrimp in my tank, but I'm thinking old age as he would be at least 2 yrs as he spent a lot of time in my elephant nose tank before adding to my shrimp tank.

I'm sorry for both your losses :(

On the other shrimp hand I got my first shrimp yesterday, a little rcs I couldn't pass up at Petco, and I should be getting in 10 more today and another 12 next week

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G800A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Found another dead shrimp this morning ? this time it's a young crs! I also have a borara merah hiding behind my thermostat, it's been there since yesterday so I'm starting to get concerned, feel like this tank is the tank of doom!

Mine too. Tank of Doom.

Found a couple more dead ones when I was trying to clean up and search more thouroughly.

Also found the shell of the once lively and hungry Assassin snail. He was around 2 or more years old - don't know how old they get off hand. Maybe was his time to go any how. No body just a shell.

So perhaphs all these things are related and it made the perfect storm.

Any how checking into when or where my shipment of macro algaes went if sent or IF they actually were sent. They never came. Bottom line.

One good thng about the TT shrimp was that I found a berried one still in there. About 6 shrimp total I think.

I cleaned out their tank again last night with 3 ~50% pwc, 3 because I cleaned the filter and moved it over and then stirred up some particles in the water. I think I will clean it out in the next 2 days, work is busy now. Move them all over to the 12G Edge and clean out the Mr. Aqua and use it for the SW tank.

Or finally take the low iron rimless tank down to a glass company to measure, cut and glue in a new bottom. That was such a pretty tank.

Once up a time.

Sorry Autumn soo sad : ( I've just found another orange shrimp dead! It's getting that bad that my son is calling me the grim reaper off shrimp! He's probably right.
Increasing my elephant nose meal at night for some reason he has gone off eating in the mornings.
Decided to give the shrimp tank a large change tomorrow.

30 gallon borara merah and brigittae, shrimp and snails

Well let's you and I have no more shrimp deaths.

Tonight when home the Shrimp tank looks very clear. Probably good moving the filter to the other side to help clean more in a different direction.

No word back yet about my SW order, whether it was received by them or sent - lost in the mail or not sent. :/

Such gloom and doom lately. Let's hope things improve in both of your tanks.
Did a second dose of fenbendazole in my shrimp tank. Treating for a planaria problem. 12 hours after the first dose, the planaria were out and about after I dropped in an algae wafer. Hoping the second dose did the trick. About the drop in another small wafer and see who shows up. Fins crossed.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Just finished a large clean on my shrimp tank, cut back a few of my plant's looks better. Haven't found any dead shrimp yet.
Trimmed some plant's back in my elephant nose tank, noticed some dying leafs.
Fresh2o, I hope you win your battle against planaria, actually noticed a few in my shrimp tank today.

30 gallon borara merah and brigittae, shrimp and snails

I received 12 red cherry shrimp for my 10g shrimp tank so now the stock is 13 shrimp, one of which is berried, and another might be a fire red shrimp

I also have 5 assassin snails in the tank

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G800A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Did the weekly 20% water change on the 20-long ("JJ&J's Seafood Buffet"). Did some trimming of the plants (The Cardamine Lyrata is trying to take over) and then went to Petco to buy seven Neon Tetras. I held off because the usual "fish guy" wasn't there and I wasn't sure if the cashiers knew how to safely catch and bag fish. I'll go back tomorrow and try again. :fish2:

Back
Top Bottom