What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nice barliman

I am, it's true. ;)

Seriously, thanks. It's a little sad looking at the now-empty tank. Platys are darn-near brainless, but they were an amusing group.

Good thing I got rid of them, though: I think one was pregnant... :nono: :eek:

So, today I gave the 10g a good cleaning and planted some cryptocoryne parva in anticipation of the day it becomes a real tank, and not a platy nursery...

Built a cave out of plastic canvas and rocks

Freaked out a little because another fish has a cyst...day 3 of meds

Pulled the Betta out of the qt tank and moved him to the 29, since all he has is fin rot and the others clearly have something they are passing around....looks like neon Tetra desease:(

Redecorated the 29 to make it suitable for the Betta

Ordered some Prime and angled scissors. It will be time to trim the carpet soon. The rubber rimmed handled should make this comfortable to use.
ysrbelhh.jpg

Moved a few things around the tank. Removed the spray bar to improve flow and moved the CO2 diffuser to the right side.
qcCB6drh.jpg

Ordered some Prime and angled scissors. It will be time to trim the carpet soon. The rubber rimmed handled should make this comfortable to use.
ysrbelhh.jpg

Moved a few things around the tank. Removed the spray bar to improve flow and moved the CO2 diffuser to the right side.
qcCB6drh.jpg
Nice I jus got my double curved scissors in the mail today. My diffuser looks like it's but won't be here for another 2 weeks. Why? Amazon why? Lol

Nice I jus got my double curved scissors in the mail today. My diffuser looks like it's but won't be here for another 2 weeks. Why? Amazon why? Lol

Which diffuser did you order? I guess it did not qualify for Amazon Prime. [emoji47]
The diffuser I got was a GLA knockoff from eBay. It's a little better than the Fluval I was using. The dual suction cups are a plus.

All the ones I saw on eBay were being shipped from Japan wouldn't get it til February. So Amazon it was looks like yours can't remember the name right now. I don't know exactly why it's taking forever. As long I get it I guess lol

Rinsed out buckets and pitchers and containers of plants.

Added the Anubias Nana Petite chunks and Cryp Balansae back into the 12G just so they could get some light.

Found a home for the Upside Down Cat and Big Angel, they are going to a 150G dream space. Now just need a home for the ~10 Green Lantern Platy. Close to be decided they will go to the LFS and hope to trade for credit towards a stone or DW. Or anything really. Sometime this week :).

Did 50% pwc on the 46G, soon to be empty maybe by next week. Past due as I figured the fish would have had a home before now. So had been putting it off.

Swordtail is growing up - his tail is about half inch long now and he's staring to get some better color, I saw his tail flash blue sparkle.

Got my so sad email that there is not another package of shrimp to buy at the higher level quality PRL SSS grade. Asked back about the next level quality below that - SS. Waiting again to hear back... :/ Would be fine with that too actually. Wahhhh.

When we bought the 20 long a couple of weeks ago, I did intend to use the 10 it replaced as a quarantine. I didn't think I would be using it for a sick fish so soon!

This is my first actual quarantine, and it feels kind of cruel to have this one (probably pretty bummed out anyway) fish all alone in a nearly bare tank. What is she supposed to do all day?

I'm a little nervous about taking a filter away from the 29 gallon, even though I'm leaving the AquaClear 30 so it really should be plenty of filtration.

Just reasons to worry I guess.

I'm a little nervous about taking a filter away from the 29 gallon, even though I'm leaving the AquaClear 30 so it really should be plenty of filtration.

Unless that tank is massively overstocked, the 30 is more than enough.

Yesterday I added a pre-filter sponge to the intake of my AC50 on my planted 20-long tank -- the sponge in that filter was regularly getting choked with plant matter, and I was tired of cleaning snails out of it.

It restricted the water flow a bit, but I just turned it up all the way and it seems satisfactory. On the upside, the extra sponge will eventually provide even more biological filtration. (y)

finally got my new leds up , there even nicer than my old ones ,
I used flower pot hangers to hang them worked out great ,
the lights are the Mars Hydro they bring out more color in the fish also the corals

Recharged purigen. Pitched few handfuls of floaters. Mixed new fluid and filled DC.
Got a banana plant 2 weeks ago. It arrived in horrible condition but has grown very well.

Can't make up my mind to get a few, 6-8 PRL from 2 different sources to compare the quality. The nice higher quality is not available but the price is the same, so I would rather wait for that higher quality option again (if it ever happens).

Skipped visiting the far away lfs today as any spare "mad" money is spoken for in the shrimp and substrate. Skipped picking up the Fluval Shrimp and Plant strattum as it was $18 more expensive and I have to drive a far ways to get it.

Very sad that they didn't have at least a mildly competitive cost for it. I do not have enough money to waste like that. Would have probably paid an extra 10 for it, but 18! It can be delivered to my door step and save 18.

I have done two full water changes since I last posted on this thread. The first one I did, Wednesday this week, resulted from a bit of a scare from an unusually high Ammonia rating from the testing I do before every water change. I had either 1 or 2 ppm and either way I was freaked out. The only good thing from that testing was that both Nitrites and Nitrates were still zero.

I've been keeping an eye on Buck's behaviour, but nothing seems out of the ordinary beyond the reading the test gave me in the tank that one time...honestly Buck's been visibly happier in the time between the first water change and the one I did today. In the time between the first water change and today's water change Buck has; taken to greeting me when I come into the room, doing a little dance for me when I show up in the morning to give him his Breakie, and making the biggest bubble nests I have seen from him so far. I just wish I thought to take a picture the bubble nests before I did the water change. It's been pretty rewarding for me to just watch him, honestly.

Anyways, today's water testing showed that the ammonia levels were not nearly as bad as the ones from the prior test, with Ammonia readings of 0.25ppm. Nitrites and Nitrates are both at zero so that is pretty good as well. Buck's been doing well, and is enjoying the little tunnel decoration I got for him so far. He has managed to remind me of my younger self once by...getting himself stuck again. I don't understand just how, but in the five minutes I was watching him adjust to the new arrangement of decorations in his tank he managed to go from pinning himself with the wall thermometer, to having buried himself under a plant right by the tunnel, both of which were buried under gravel. :facepalm::ROFLMAO: He reminds me so much of how I used to be when I was younger that it almost hurts. Fortunately, Buck hasn't managed to seriously hurt himself in his little 'adventures' around his tank. No ripped fins, no damaged scales, nothing. Just bruises to his ego and a minute of stripe time from his panicking.

Did a big water-change as I found my alk to be off the charts , prepping tank for coral order , finally got to order my 2 yellow coris wrasses , they are finally back in stock 1 for each tank :D,

got macro's placed into sump . I never saw so many pods in macro like this they are swimming all over the sump , watching fish chasing them around in main tank it's like major feeding frenzy as they shoot out of the return ,

noticed my Vlamingi Tang had a major growing spurt , I would have noticed sooner but he likes hiding in the rocks . he must of grew 3 inch
Save

what you find just the bones , that had to be a weird feeling finding it after that long of a time. surprised it was still recognizable after that long a time

Back
Top Bottom