What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Today the last guppy of the 3 from the store died and the little female Betta wasn't as perky. The filter isn't ideal very small internal whisper. I sent a message to the teacher that I wasn't trying to fish take the tank hostage but that the fish weren't doing well.

Last year was a fish death trauma for her and the class - I am trying to make fish keeping a positive experience. Went with store fish which looked good and a the Betta would kinda QT together. But I guess that wasn't a good idea.

Did a rinse out of the tank and started again. Might just get a new filter for the little tank. It has a little pouch of good ceramic media. But I need to get a better tank set up for them I think.

Fed the medicated flake foods.
Some of those little internal filters work great, some not so much imo

Some of those little internal filters work great, some not so much imo

I had one, maybe the next size larger, worked well. This is super small.

<<<<<<>>>>>
Last night I fed the medicated food.
A few hours later I kept hearing smacking splash noises. Fish.. .. and then with more frequency and louder, more smack (sounds like a small hand slapping the water surface) splashing about bed time.

My DH asked if the fish were jumping out of the tank!? Then, seeing them swimming around madly I thought they must be hungry.

So I gave them some pellets and didn't hear them agan!!!

Is that crazy - I thought it was. Crazy smart for Loaches to tell me they were hungry. Yoyo Loaches seemed to be doing the splashing (lights were off), an probably the Clown Loaches making the smacking and cracking noises.

Added Panda cory and a mystery snail, bought a 20 gal, ripped out all my plants and put them in the 20g, four netrile snails disappeared from my 15gal, added floating plants.

Pulled the dead female Betta out of the preschool tank. So far now down to a Mystery Snail and frog. I think I'll get another frog and a new Betta. The teacher's gonna want the tank. I'll ask if she can do a 5G glass tank. Added water for evaporation almost all the tanks

Awww. Today we did water changes/vacuumed the 215, 105, 100 and 90. Then I made a new fish bath and the Pearlscale got another bath. I think he wants a rubber ducky

I'm debating on if I want to get an oscar they seem so cool and fun.

I did water changes on the 125 angel and severum tank, a 36gal QT tank with baby angels to go in the 125, and on a 38 gal fancy goldfish tank. Still need to do the 5 gal tanks but they are on right now.

I need to take apart the betta tanks and do a rescape and freshen then up.

I'm debating on if I want to get an oscar they seem so cool and fun.

I did water changes on the 125 angel and severum tank, a 36gal QT tank with baby angels to go in the 125, and on a 38 gal fancy goldfish tank. Still need to do the 5 gal tanks but they are on right now.

I need to take apart the betta tanks and do a rescape and freshen then up.
Oscars are fun. They're clowns. Ev1 thinks they are so aggressive and tough (and so do the oscars) but they're really not. They can't fight well at all, and generally get pushed around by similar sized fish. But they can attack and beat the heck outta some floating pellets, lol!

Oscars are fun. They're clowns. Ev1 thinks they are so aggressive and tough (and so do the oscars) but they're really not. They can't fight well at all, and generally get pushed around by similar sized fish. But they can attack and beat the heck outta some floating pellets, lol!
I have a double custom built 90. The tanks will be 4-ft wide and 21-in deep. I have considered moving my severance in there as they grow but I could possibly use that for one Oscar. I know it's not ideal though. [emoji848]
I could maybe move the angels and leave the severums with an oscar in the 125.
Idk if 90 gal would be enough for the Angels though. Assuming all survive I'll have 9 of them.
But half the fun is thinking and planning lol.
I'd want an albino tiger. I think they are the prettiest of the Oscars.

I love severums. Ppl say you can't put them and angels together, but mine got along great. My severum was never happier than when he was in that tank
These are my fist two and I got them on a whim when ordering other fish. They are about 3" now and look to be a pair. They are "triple red spot" or that's how they was sold to me. Lol
I was thinking of giving them their own tank with maybe something else once they are bigger and in finished with the costom tanks I mentioned above. What's your opinion on this?

75% water change. Ahhh ich. Rush order supplies after doing hours of research. Yay custom plants shipped! Added more to my garden tank and have put a bubble disk into a hide and weighted it down B U B B L E S!! My missing snails reappeared just as mysteriously as they disappeared.

15gal cloudy will be getting treated and frequent water chai for now.
20 gal is on day 2 of no fish cycling just water decorations and plants.

These are my fist two and I got them on a whim when ordering other fish. They are about 3" now and look to be a pair. They are "triple red spot" or that's how they was sold to me. Lol
I was thinking of giving them their own tank with maybe something else once they are bigger and in finished with the costom tanks I mentioned above. What's your opinion on this?
Yeah, they'll get along fine in a tank together. If it's a m/f pair you might get them to spawn. That'd be cool

I have a double custom built 90. The tanks will be 4-ft wide and 21-in deep. I have considered moving my severance in there as they grow but I could possibly use that for one Oscar. I know it's not ideal though. [emoji848]
I could maybe move the angels and leave the severums with an oscar in the 125.
Idk if 90 gal would be enough for the Angels though. Assuming all survive I'll have 9 of them.
But half the fun is thinking and planning lol.
I'd want an albino tiger. I think they are the prettiest of the Oscars.
Yeah, I think the angels because of the number, would do better in the 125g. The 90 would be plenty for an Oscar or an Oscar and maybe a pair of smaller cichlids like a firemouth or convict. Give them caves. I really like the albino ones too

Headed to get some new inhabitants for the preschool tank, som additional ADF. And they tried ordering a Dwarf Orange Crayfish. Ut didn't come in for a few weeks.

Aslo offered her the Fluval Spec V 5G tank.

Was offered a pair of Betta Macrostoma aka Big Mouth Betta or Brunei Betta they are very expensive and hard to come by unless your friend's are breeding. He wants a culture of my Roly Pollies. The fish can be $100-200 a pair. I agreed. They like very low pH. And I'm reading up on them, I am scared I could kill them!

The other exciting thing is our CAS speaker coming up is Frank from Franks Betta's. Very wonderful guy who has a big presence on social media and helps wild Betta populations to continue, when many native areas are poisoned, or covered and built on/ destroyed

Back
Top Bottom