What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Have fun soaking your driftwood! One thing i don't like doing lol

I just texted my boyfriend a picture of the boiling wood and told him it was dinner tonight, wood soup. It seems to be water logging very well though and it shouldn't take long to sink. Not much tannins coming off of it either, it looks like I'm getting off easy this time! I still have some small pieces that have been soaking for a couple weeks and are still floating. Going to drop them in to boil again with this piece.

I just texted my boyfriend a picture of the boiling wood and told him it was dinner tonight, wood soup. It seems to be water logging very well though and it shouldn't take long to sink. Not much tannins coming off of it either, it looks like I'm getting off easy this time! I still have some small pieces that have been soaking for a couple weeks and are still floating. Going to drop them in to boil again with this piece.

Would of loved to have seen his face! I was lucky i got a good piece of bogwood with Anubias attached from ebay it had been soaking for 3 months so it saved me the trouble. Good luck with yours :)

Geez whatta day! Aclimated new betta (Got up early to catch the mail)....PWC 10 gal #1, Cycling 10gal #2, then when it was all good, catching old fish, and plants for new tank from old. Little buggers is fast! The plants that is!:D Fish drove my nuts actually, they destroyed the planted tank, which then had to be fixed, when they ran from the net. Now, I am off to work to get a break!:fish1:

I might go looking for more harliuqun Rasboras. I found them locally last year and picked up 6. I lost one awhile ago and want to fill out the group more, they are so pretty! But I can never find any...

Setting up our 10g for the crawfish/crayfish that are supposed to be in this week sometime.. the hubby picked his new decor n we ended up bringing home coconut shell huts and possibly gonna get a shack (reminds me of guilligans island) just glad he didnt want neon sand or gravel or plants.. lol i prefer the more natural but its his tank tryin not to take it over.. Got our little cichlids in the 20g growing still they seem to be enjoying exploring hoping it doesnt take too long to get them to the big tank just need about 2 inches bigger . Doing pwc on all running tanks and mayb some rescaping while im at it.. my water changer came in today just in time... :)

50 % clean on my bettas tank and filters rinsed. Added amazon frogbit to his tank and he loves sitting under it :)

After church I amgoing to 100% clean my 55, wc & media change wife's 20and my qt tank, clean and boil 50 lbs of slate clean 30lbs of rock out of my 55 and re scape it with as much of the rock and slate I can, take fish from qt tank back into 55, take my rusty out of 55 and into qt for a week of melafix, do some pruning and a new batch of diy co2 mix, make a list of what I'm low on and out of (hopefully adds up to at least $49) go to lfs to look at fish and mabey get some nerite snails for my diatom problem and price a deep blue 40b setup so I can go get it cheaper elsewhere, stare at my tanks while I smoke hookah (the traditional way with actual sheesha of course)

finally started working on it after about 2-3 years of being dry docked. Made a new rim for it to replace the busted plastic one, hanging in the garage awaiting some final paint touch ups then on to the tank for the last time and a test fill in the back yard

Attachments

• 20130324_080204.jpg
    20130324_080204.jpg
    186.9 KB · Views: 70
Back
Top Bottom