What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Cleaned the tank on the weekend and looking better. Weather was 40C (104F), down the street said they got 46C - was pretty tempted to join the fish :). Tank temp is holding at about 25 to 26C thank goodness.

On my day off...finally...

I moved my Pearl Gourami from my 16G to the 72G.

Took the Cardinals school from the 37G to the 72G, and the momma Rainbow Blue Platy.

She seemed to be in the middle of having babies but the Koi Angels pair would eat them anyway.

Took the previous 4 fry and the 3 new ones and put them into the 12G Edge.

Cleaned the Fluval 110 on the 37G. Moved some rocks and added one so there are now 2 semi flat surfaces for them to lay eggs on.

Cleaned the prefilter on the 16G.

Cleaned the 12G edge filter and prefilter and did a 40% pwc.

Added water from evaporation.

Cleaned out my 2 extra plant buckets, saved some red RH snails and added them to 2 tanks. made all of the yuck go away and kept a nice clean bucket and was able to empty into the other one. Saved some of the little seed shrimp from the buckets.

Had both the 12G Edge Fluval filter and the Fluval 110 not restart so I had to reclean the impellers for both. That made me a little nervous about their longevity.

2 for 1 christmas special

Monday 16th (easy day)
Qt1 -8+8litre
Qt2 -8+7litre +1@SG1.007
Qt3 -5+5

Night feed, Dry food only (except puffer)
As close to nil nada squat as I could possibly get.

Tuesday 17th (regular day)
Qt1 -10+10litre
Qt2 -9+3litre +3@SG1.001
Qt3 -10+10litre
45litre egg tank +1RO (signs of life, photo follow link)
60(puffer) +1RO tank @SG1.007
120litre +12 +trace
750 litre -100+100 litre

Day/night feed (egg tank 3 feeds daily, it's been that way since the weekend, solid grounds made yesterday, now feeding multiple types, foods for egg layer (off the shelf) and a DIY mix of dry foods ground up into powder)

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f44/new-fish-house-284360.html

Cory still alive, not sure yet? Yesterday she was ok. Today not so good? Overall her condition looks ok. I mean better than the weekend.

Other than all of that, I'm excited about the fry (again!) that never gets old!
All stock alive, most of it is ok!(y)

Bought 14 dwarf zebra hermits for the 20, well 8 for the 20 and the rest will go in the 37. Did some aquascaping in the 37, gave the mantis and the rock he was in to the lfs for a 8lb piece i will put in the 20. Still had to pay for the extra 4lbs as the rock i gave was only 4.

image-3231496999.jpg

And the shrimp in his overhang.
image-3488272522.jpg

Feed my little guys and girls today and saw one of my algazzi corie died and had a cotton like ball on his mouth everyone else looks good the three other ones are ok it's weird it seems like this is a fungus or something from dirty water but it's a 20 gallon tank and I do 50% wc a week?

Feed my little guys and girls today and saw one of my algazzi corie died and had a cotton like ball on his mouth everyone else looks good the three other ones are ok it's weird it seems like this is a fungus or something from dirty water but it's a 20 gallon tank and I do 50% wc a week?

And all the water parameters are goodImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1387326301.512784.jpg

Found this for you.

MOUTH FUNGUS - not a fungus but caused by Chondrococcus columnaris bacteria.

Search, cotton wool mouth fungus.

Sorry about the fish, hope this helps.

Found this for you.

MOUTH FUNGUS - not a fungus but caused by Chondrococcus columnaris bacteria.

Search, cotton wool mouth fungus.

Sorry about the fish, hope this helps.

Thank u I looked it up maybe he was sick when I got him a couple weeks ago and no one seems to pick on him and like I said the water parameters are great idk it seemed reddish by his barbs so maybe it just got beat up on the rocks idk

Thank u I looked it up maybe he was sick when I got him a couple weeks ago and no one seems to pick on him and like I said the water parameters are great idk it seemed reddish by his barbs so maybe it just got beat up on the rocks idk

Redness means ammonia burns...

Finally caught the 2 clowns after 1 hour and 30 mins of trying to catch the 2nd clown. Really smart fish, kept circling around the rock but then the flame angel helped me lol, they are enemys lol, and the angel was glad to get them out.

(@N & F) Redness can also be bacterial. Much like an infected cut on human flesh takes on a localised redness. I think there are some blood disorders that will cause skin redness but like you say these can sometimes be linked with ammonia.

The picture posted looks exactly like "cotton wool" mouth fungus, which isn't a fungus. That's what I would aim at. It doesn't have to be your water quality or tank cleanliness. (Most people get defensive over such issues, there really is no need) we all love our water just as much as the fish, at least the people on this page must be keen on water. It's good to know water but. . .

Many factors can cause this, stress of handling, abuse from tank mates, water change (tank moving etc) simply catching the fish is enough.
It is treatable, many products available.

Apart from that, hope your fish are well(y)

Did a "fish crawl" today, driving out to 2 fish shops that are quite far from me. Saw some awesome fish! But I was good, and only bought 2 plants, and no fish.

A beautiful Christmas moss, very expensive! And a piece of lucky bamboo.

Finally caught the 2 clowns after 1 hour and 30 mins of trying to catch the 2nd clown. Really smart fish, kept circling around the rock but then the flame angel helped me lol, they are enemys lol, and the angel was glad to get them out.

Fish are clever, especially when they don't want to be taken out of water:ROFLMAO:

Why did you catch them?

(Jealous of the flame angel, one of my first favourite fish I ever saw on my first day ever in a fish store!)

Did a "fish crawl" today, driving out to 2 fish shops that are quite far from me. Saw some awesome fish! But I was good, and only bought 2 plants, and no fish.

A beautiful Christmas moss, very expensive! And a piece of lucky bamboo.

Lucky "light" bamboo by any chance? (y)

Oh, no- we haven't got the light bamboo yet. :) Was on my way to the bamboo shop we have near here but then family arrived and had to be given tea and driven around.

Going to look for bamboo tomorrow. The question is if I can get a piece with a big enough diameter.

Oh, and I made legs for the other light fitting out of big lego blocks. Sounds cheesy, but actually looks pretty good :)

Oh, no- we haven't got the light bamboo yet. :) Was on my way to the bamboo shop we have near here but then family arrived and had to be given tea and driven around.

Going to look for bamboo tomorrow. The question is if I can get a piece with a big enough diameter.

Oh, and I made legs for the other light fitting out of big lego blocks. Sounds cheesy, but actually looks pretty good :)

:D (I still love Lego) it's one good reason to babysit!
That light must be cool looking, especially if you are a fan of the blocks! Retro with a dash of nostalgia.

Good luck with the search!(y)

:D (I still love Lego) it's one good reason to babysit!
That light must be cool looking, especially if you are a fan of the blocks! Retro with a dash of nostalgia.

Good luck with the search!(y)

@masha - you must post a pic of this setup. Legos are cool until you step on one with your bare feet.

Back
Top Bottom