What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sorry, I had just finished testing the water and was looking at the color and I don't have the best vision so I asked another family member

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G800A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Did a big pwc on my elephant nose tank, cleaned the filter and impeller everything was full of frogbit!
Pwc on my shrimp tank, cut back my plant's as they were growing wild!
Ordered a couple of bamboo shrimp last week and arrived dead 6 days later really unhappy.

55 gallon elephant nose tank.
30 gallon shrimp and snail tank

Did some work with the new shrimp tank this morning. Here is a shot of the stuffed cholla:
gDyAWnN.png
One of them I started stuffing the core but the other one I did not. I felt that there would be too much compaction leading to moss die off. So for both I simply stuffed the slots and trimmed off any excess. Quick rinse under the tap and back into the tank.
I also glued down some stray moss but forgot that a little glue goes a long way. Hopefully the white stuff will fade or be covered up by new growth:
l37o7vJ.png

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Gonna be picking out some new fish today but will probably have to order what I want.

Heading to the lfs to get some foods; I never did put in an online order. Will look at fish while I am there. Doubt I will find appropriate selections. (such a doubter, I know)

If I run out of things to do I may run over to the not so very local lfs a nearly one hour drive away.

Looks promising Fresh.

Sorry to hear you got a bad delivery Shelly, are they gonna replace them?

Maybe check out the sand selection for the 12G Edge (which still sits in its box).

Gonna be picking out some new fish today but will probably have to order what I want.

Heading to the lfs to get some foods; I never did put in an online order. Will look at fish while I am there. Doubt I will find appropriate selections. (such a doubter, I know)

If I run out of things to do I may run over to the not so very local lfs a nearly one hour drive away.

Looks promising Fresh.

Sorry to hear you got a bad delivery Shelly, are they gonna replace them?

Maybe check out the sand selection for the 12G Edge (which still sits in its box).

What fish are you looking for?
I got my money back pretty disheartened, the shrimp tank is seriously getting me down it's not been doing well.

What fish are you looking for?
I got my money back pretty disheartened, the shrimp tank is seriously getting me down it's not been doing well.

I know that scenario all to well. My little 6.6 was doing awfully and had 2 shrimp left, and after a year probably 50 or more now (really can't count them in the little jungle.)

I am freshening up the tanks which will remain after tank edits. (only 4 will remain)

So looking at CRS or PRL (Pure Red Line) - won't be at the big box lfs this am:lol:

Someone else here mentioned Pencilfish which I had looked at about a year ago and now thinking as a dither fish they may help the CPD come out and swim more.

Lots of Cardinals for now - 18-24. For the 72G tank

Microdevario kubotai for my nano fish tank.

At the not so lfs they often have Sundadanio :)facepalm:just realized I have been spelling this wrong for years...) Axelrodi Blue or green neon though not usually when i go there to buy them but they usually have Pencilfish.

Actual dwarf Cories and Chili Rasboras. Considering Wetspot and Msjinxd - just have such an aversion to shipping costs on fish (no reason really lol).

Look at shipping costs more as paying to get exactly what you want. Not just whats available.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Look at shipping costs more as paying to get exactly what you want. Not just whats available.

This is exactly what it is. Thank you for the vindication or simple confirmation of sense. TBH, I spent about a month wringing my hands about shipping on top of purchase. It's a relief to know I'm not being unreasonable.

This is exactly what it is. Thank you for the vindication or simple confirmation of sense. TBH, I spent about a month wringing my hands about shipping on top of purchase. It's a relief to know I'm not being unreasonable.

It used to bug me too. Then i realized its just a small fee to get exactly what we want.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1450560172.616334.jpg
First water change after a MAJOR rescape in the 55. Lots of annoying bubbles from the powerhead/diy co2 combo but still happy ✌?️

- St Charles Almendras Geraldizo

Update: All the goldfish are healthy mostly...my betta hates them so a few have ripped fins and I cannot figure what's wrong with one. He has a severely crooked spine and it's getting worse, his face is deformed, and he randomly starts swimming in circles and cannot stop until he hits something. The discus and plants are all doing well though

Water changes for my 29 and 20L.
Trimed a bunch of octopus stems that are now floating in my 20T holding tank until I can send them out after the holidays.
Started mixing sw for my 75g so i can do a wc on it after work tomorrow.
Worked the past 7 days straight and my boss tried to get me to come in today. :nono: Had no time to think of a water change yesterday so today it is.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Brought home 4 red wag Platys, 3 sunset fire Platys, and 1 blue Mickey mouse Platy. The sunsets are male, the rest are females

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thanks guys, for keeping me grounded.

My blue Mystery snail died in my shrimp tank. The shrimp pretty much ate him. That ends the Mystery snails in my shrimp tanks I think.

Had planned to start gathering supplies for the 12G Edge tank. There was an emergency, so that never happened. Now with work so crazy it will be a little longer, after the holiday. I guess there is more time for online nano fish shopping.

Thanks guys, for keeping me grounded.

My blue Mystery snail died in my shrimp tank. The shrimp pretty much ate him. That ends the Mystery snails in my shrimp tanks I think.

Had planned to start gathering supplies for the 12G Edge tank. There was an emergency, so that never happened. Now with work so crazy it will be a little longer, after the holiday. I guess there is more time for online nano fish shopping.

Good luck. I was thinking the same thing and I'm gonna start shopping for plants and discus in mid Jan

Not much. Fed them breakfast while I watched them and had my morning coffee.

Even though he's nowhere near the beast he's gonna be, it still amazes me sometimes, the little transformations.

This guy was initially getting chased by my Tiger Oscar like a Scooby snack, bullied by just about everything in the tank except the Silver Dollars and hiding up in one of the fake rocks 24/7 to now being 2-3x his original size and chilling out with the rest of the fish

c20a1b5e82aa8be6d9a8b80dca89e729.jpg

Even though he's nowhere near the beast he's gonna be, it still amazes me sometimes, the little transformations.

This guy was initially getting chased by my Tiger Oscar like a Scooby snack, bullied by just about everything in the tank except the Silver Dollars and hiding up in one of the fake rocks 24/7 to now being 2-3x his original size and chilling out with the rest of the fish

What type?

What size tank ya got there?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom