What do you think?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

savage

Aquarium Advice Activist
So I've really gone head-first into this whole planted tank thing. My wife thinks I've lost my mind! Please tell me what you think. I'm always looking to make improvements.

Thanks!

Attachments

• 228.jpg
    228.jpg
    254.7 KB · Views: 119
  • 230.jpg
    230.jpg
    251.2 KB · Views: 140
  • 234.jpg
    234.jpg
    255.3 KB · Views: 126
Your tanks look amazing, I dont think you need to do anything now but just enjoy them:). I am about to go into the planted world, I just ordered a new light fixture and once that comes in, im going to start planting like crazy:ROFLMAO:

Those look nice, I especially like the top one on the right, as the large rock is slightly off center and breaks the visual line nicely. The one of the top left could use a really nice piece of driftwood, and the white rocks in the one on the bottom need to be shifted slightly left or right so they are slightly off center. Hope that is helpful.

Wow! Just wow! You are like the Leonardo de Vinci of fish tanks! Those are stunning, I am so jealous!

Thanks guys. I really appreciate it. Planted tanks is a challenge for someone as impatient as me (thus the C02! Ha!).

Renegade- you nailed it. There's a decent chunk of driftwood in that first tank, but it's engulfed in anubias and crypts. I'm thinking a nice manzanita branch would be ideal? I tried to start off center on that last one too and create that crevice between the wood and quartz. Darn 20g talls are so hard to get off center. Maybe I'll try the pebbles under the dw in that one.

Thanks again for the input folks. Love it!

So I've really gone head-first into this whole planted tank thing. My wife thinks I've lost my mind! Please tell me what you think. I'm always looking to make improvements.

Thanks!

To put it simply ... They are stunning, the effort put is clearly obvious!

Renegade- you nailed it. There's a decent chunk of driftwood in that first tank, but it's engulfed in anubias and crypts. I'm thinking a nice manzanita branch would be ideal? I tried to start off center on that last one too and create that crevice between the wood and quartz. Darn 20g talls are so hard to get off center. Maybe I'll try the pebbles under the dw in that one.

Thanks again for the input folks. Love it!

Indeed a nice gnarly manzanita would look good, although I've been reading some stuff about some major algae issues with that lately (or am I thinking of the wrong one - can't keep them straight). But anyway, something that would be dark and stick off in several directions would add a lot I think.

The 20 tall is a hard tank to scape period. You might try the pebbles under the DW, but I think I'm be tempted to try them on the other side of the quartz just to see what it looks like.

Keep in mind I'm certainly no expert, just throwing out ideas of what I think would look pleasing to my eye.

Back
Top Bottom