What fish would be happy in this enviorment?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jdh

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi all,

I'm planning on doing as aquascape with an abundance of rocks, plants, mineral-heavy sand and a small wave maker with CO2. The tank itself would be about 5-10 gallons (For this reason, the water wouldn't move very fast.)

Anyway, my question is: Any suggestions of fish would be happy in this type of tank? It could be tropical or coldwater. The PH would be around 7.

Sorry if this post seems hypothetical, I'm still planning it out. :p

Thanks for any help!
-Josh

I could go up to a 20 gal, but I was hoping for a fairly small tank.

Hey,
You're really limited with a 5 gallon.. the only fish I'd put in a tank that small would be a Betta, some Shrimp, or some Snails.

A 10 gallon is better.
If you went for a 10g, you can have 6 Neon Tetras, OR 6 Harlequin Rasboras, OR 6 Rummy Nose Tetras. That would be nice stocking. Or, you can basically have any small fish like Guppies, Platies, Otos, Cories, a Dwarf Gourami, etc. etc. There are a lot of choices, actually.

I agree with Mandy
With the 20 Gal you can do alot more like. Have a school of tetras and some guppies and maybe some cories or otos. Fish like to have plenty of free swimming space and plenty of hiding spots =D
Good luck

Back
Top Bottom