What is your favorite "centerpiece" fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Do most of you order these fish online? I have been looking up all the different fish you all have mentioned, and only about half of them are available in my lfs's.

We kind of got the short end of the stick because we bought a used tank already stocked (at least partially, not to capacity) so we have had to build around what we already have.

Well, my betta is my fav right now, but we'll see what the rams are like when they arrive. :) for the bottom, I'd have to say L183 starlight bristlenose pleco. :) sooo pretty! Still trying to find one though :(

Do most of you order these fish online? I have been looking up all the different fish you all have mentioned, and only about half of them are available in my lfs's.

We kind of got the short end of the stick because we bought a used tank already stocked (at least partially, not to capacity) so we have had to build around what we already have.

Yes, I know I do. I can't find much of anything exciting locally.

My pair of rams. They're really cool looking and are awesome, they shine differently in the angles of the light. :)

(y) Under blue moon led's, they almost look luminescent...

Do most of you order these fish online?

I do occasionally and have gotten nothing but healthy, happy fish. Haven't gotten a sick/dead one yet...

Last edited:
its really kind of sad but my centerpiece fish at the moment is my Tequila Sunrise Male Guppy!:D I love that fish sooo much:D
But im getting angelfish so they will become my centerpiece fish lol:)

Do most of you order these fish online?QUOTE]

Nope, get them from a very good LFS that gets farm-raised fish, rarer ones imported from the wild. They're very clean and very sanitary, also not to mention nice and helpful. Though somewhat overpriced I get good quality fish from them. Also they are very good on Yelp.

I do however wish to order some fish from HN1 and SM. If you want to order from online, order from them. :)

My favorite would have to be my flowerhorn. He is a blue titanium and his intelligence is very obvious, which makes a great one to watch. He's in a tank by himself (of course), so the only community tank I have is my 55g rainbow tank and I would have to say Gigantor, my full-grown golden wonder killi I just picked up a week ago. He is five inches of pure food-hogging gluttony.

I love my Leporinus. He is yellow with black bands and owns my aquarium. If he wants a snack he'll eat whatever fish ( or crab) he's craving. He also steals the cories and plecos wafers and brings them to his cave. He and the pleco fight all the time over this. He says hello when I come into the room and is a beautiful sight to see.

I would own another. Even though they are very aggressive. That is kinda what makes them fun. A beautiful predator.

I love my leporinus too he is my centerpiece fish in my 150 gal. he is over a foot long and was too aggressive in the 55gal tank I had him in.he tamed down a lot when I put him in with my two pacu's and two oscars .

My vote is angelfish. They are gorgeous and very personable. I got my first large tank solely because I wanted angels and I have NOT been let down.

My bro-in-law got a 29 gal hex just for having angelfish. Sadly that actually turned me away from fish for a while. Me and my wife and him and his wife don't really get along.

He is one of those that believes that fish exist solely for his viewing pleasure. Every time I have seen his tank it has an algae problem, is way overstocked, and smells really bad. I feel bad for any fish he keeps.

So round about way, I think I disliked angelfish at first because that is what he keeps. Now I just pity an angel he buys. They are doomed to a miserable life and a slow death.

I have also since come to realize what beautiful fish they are. They have a lot of variety as well.

What are your angels like absolute?

Personally I like angels that are grey, marbled, or a pair with one having a slightly blue tinge and gray and the other koi yellow, if you see where I'm going here! :D

Sorry to hear about that fish, is there any way you could save it?

Yeah, he tore down his tank and was going to flush the angel and a clown loach. Both are doing wonderful almost 3 years later. She is by far my favorite fish!

Silver Dollars or Siamese Fighting Fish. Probably cause they're the first thing people see.

My bro-in-law got a 29 gal hex just for having angelfish. Sadly that actually turned me away from fish for a while. Me and my wife and him and his wife don't really get along.

He is one of those that believes that fish exist solely for his viewing pleasure. Every time I have seen his tank it has an algae problem, is way overstocked, and smells really bad. I feel bad for any fish he keeps.

So round about way, I think I disliked angelfish at first because that is what he keeps. Now I just pity an angel he buys. They are doomed to a miserable life and a slow death.

I have also since come to realize what beautiful fish they are. They have a lot of variety as well.

What are your angels like absolute?
I LOVE my angels. I have a golden angel, a silver striped one, and a marble veiltale. The golden and the silver are mated and I am trying to get some fry to live. :) I love that they are very interactive. They all notice when I am in the room and watch me and beg for food. They also interact with the other fish. They watch what the other fish are doing. They get territorial over their eggs, but they don't hurt any of the other fish.

Sorry to hear about that fish, is there any way you could save it?

Not really. We are not much on speaking terms (civil at best at family gatherings, or ignore each other otherwise) and he believes he is properly taking care of his fish. Its actually indicative of how he lives much of his life...

I LOVE my angels. I have a golden angel, a silver striped one, and a marble veiltale. The golden and the silver are mated and I am trying to get some fry to live. :) I love that they are very interactive. They all notice when I am in the room and watch me and beg for food. They also interact with the other fish. They watch what the other fish are doing. They get territorial over their eggs, but they don't hurt any of the other fish.

They sound beautiful. Maybe one day when I upgrade to something more than my 20 gal high I can try some angels. I think its going to take my entire life time to try all the fish I want to. Guess that's why they call it a hobby eh? LOL

Back
Top Bottom