What is your trade or job?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Darylb

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey I was just thinking it would be nice to know what people actually do for there jobs and things like that what are your interests and what got you into fish keeping? Ill start

I'm daryl I'm a boiler maker and I mainly do heavy duty welding I want to run my own business one day doing custom fabrication and I'd also like to own my own fish shop what got me into fish keeping was actually one of my friends dads was building a koi pond and I helped him then we build an indoor koi pool which had glass sides as well as a stone wall around it :)

I'm 16, and work as a bagger at Carrs/Safeway. I'd like to get a degree in either electrical engineering, computer engineering, or some other field of engineering. And then probably join the military, or State troopers.

I am 15. I have always loved animals of any kind. I have a business where i draw portraits of people's pets - Pawsome Pet Portraits.
I learned almost everything i know about fish from my dad. When I was little, my parents got me a goldfish. Then my dad (who has always liked fish tanks) got a 20 gallon community freshwater tank. About three years ago, he pretty much just left for work and came home with a 130 gallon tank! :D so I have kinda been doing the fish tank thing my whole life... But I just finally got my OWN 10 gallon tank, which I hope to upgrade to at least a 30 gallon. :)

Attachments

• image-1306081292.jpg
    image-1306081292.jpg
    139.2 KB · Views: 132
  • image-707243018.jpg
    image-707243018.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 103
  • image-1306711260.jpg
    image-1306711260.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 105
I'm a technician at a cleaning and restoration company in WI.

I'm also a student.

Oh, and I'm 20. Lol

Your drawings are insane if I tried to draw a cat or dog it would be 2 circles with eyes legs and a tail with one say woof and one saying meow haha I'm a terrible drawer but I do have a fish tattooed on me

I'm 14. I don't have a job. I'm really hoping to get one at my neighbors this summer. When I am old enough to get a job, I am hoping to work at the local pet store/fish store. Currently we live on a farm, so I get my allowance, then I get a little bit extra from selling red cherry shrimp and plants.

I'm 29, 30 this week haha I'm a banker and I hate it. I got into fish 1 year and 2 months ago. Started with a 10 gal tank for my son then after killing a bunch of fish I learned and now I have 11 running tanks 2 75 gal reef tanks one 30 gal reef 2 55 gal planted one 20 tall planted one 29 planted 3 10 planted. I plan on quitting my job here in the next year to start my own business. My other hobbies are snowboarding wake boarding my son and 2 dogs. I plan on building a fish room addition to my house this summer so I can get my litter of tanks out of the main house.

I am 15. I have always loved animals of any kind. I have a business where i draw portraits of people's pets - Pawsome Pet Portraits.
I learned almost everything i know about fish from my dad. When I was little, my parents got me a goldfish. Then my dad (who has always liked fish tanks) got a 20 gallon community freshwater tank. About three years ago, he pretty much just left for work and came home with a 130 gallon tank! :D so I have kinda been doing the fish tank thing my whole life... But I just finally got my OWN 10 gallon tank, which I hope to upgrade to at least a 30 gallon. :)

Those pictures are amazing! :popcorn:

I'm 24 and work as a law clerk at an attorneys office. I got into fish keeping when my sisters boyfriend won 4 fair goldfish, bought them a 10 gallon which I soon found out they needed to be re-homed because of well all of the rules regarding goldfish.:banghead:

Now I have a 45 gallon African cichlid tank and 2 baby American cichlids in a 20 - soon to be upgraded! :dance:

I just turned 19 and I'm a college student. I'm hoping to get a job soon but that's hard with minimal experience

I'm 30 and a stay at home mom. I was in management in the pay day loan/pawn business but left after the birth of my 2nd child. I also take care of my parents(Alzheimer's and RA). I work pt(3 hrs a week) as a wedding coordinator for my church. My other interests are camping, fishing,reading and learning to sew. I have 3 dogs and volunteer with a local dog rescue organization.

I'm a carer for my son and daughter. Before i had my kids i had my own horse and worked at a stable loved it. One hobby i do miss.

Lets just say I am the oldest to post so far and I am between 30 and 40. Lmao!!! I work in human resources for the Veteran Affairs, a mother of three (18 yr, 15 yr and 9 yr old, stop doing math to figure out my age lmao)... I am a Air Force Veteran. We currently have 5 tanks running and one in the works lol

fishfan88 said:

Those are THE best drawings I've seen from a 15 year old! Wow!

I'm 14 and want to get a job at a LFS in a few years.

Back
Top Bottom