What is your trade or job?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am 15. I have always loved animals of any kind. I have a business where i draw portraits of people's pets - Pawsome Pet Portraits.
I learned almost everything i know about fish from my dad. When I was little, my parents got me a goldfish. Then my dad (who has always liked fish tanks) got a 20 gallon community freshwater tank. About three years ago, he pretty much just left for work and came home with a 130 gallon tank! :D so I have kinda been doing the fish tank thing my whole life... But I just finally got my OWN 10 gallon tank, which I hope to upgrade to at least a 30 gallon. :)

Great job on the portraits!!!! Very impressive

I'm really old (50). I work as a fish taxonomist (classifying and identifying fishes) and natural history museum curator. I started keeping fish when I was five, and intend to continue keeping them until I'm too old to see them. (In other words, a couple more years.)

Tony

I'm 28 and I own a small business caring for horses and also provide behavior modification for dogs. My background has all been animal related since age 18, when I worked as a corporate receptionist at the HQ for a huge gym and was in charge of the VP's emails and errand ***** for all the big wigs in each department. WORST JOB EVER! Except the mail room manager kept a Betta fish on my desk since he didn't have a desk and I fed the little guy for him. Thanks mail guy! That led me to this hobby technically.

Next job I took was at a dog kennel (art store, bartender, trail-riding guide, some other gigs during college) where I moved in central California .
- I groomed pets at a nice mom'n'pop kennel
-I found a job in rescue work and I did a lot of training and scouting for new owners while I exercised a pack of 10-15 goldens.
-a full time receptionist gig at a vet hospital when we managed to move our rescues all into foster care. I loved the customers but its a very emotional job and death is so hard to deal with for me, so I choose to leave and set out on my own.

3 years later, I can handle the "dog walker" cliche and just be happy I never doubted my instinct to work with pets. I make great relationships and the appreciation from clients is the best reward. Also I have a bunch of furry friends than mean the world to me! I am an artist, and I tutor French for extra cash.

Fish88- you are massively talented! I want you to look up the artist Ramona Lowe, you remind me if her realism and whimsy with animal portraits.
She sells cards of her pet art and the vet hospital I worked at sent one to each bereaved owner.

Your pony looks exquisite! Upscale lady and baby boutiques will sell your art and you only need to make sure you charge Enough! Ill look u up online or link us all to your website or gallery.

I am 28, i am enlisted in the airforce currently in okinawa japan. I schedule the flying and maintenace for the aircraft that we have here. Currently have 5 tanks, 90, 75, 40 and two 15 gal. I like to work on cars(own a nissan s-14) and of course fish.

First of all thank you To all the vets and ones currently serving! We wouldn't be able to enjoy what we do or how we live without you!

I'm 28 and currently finishing up my degree in marine biology, with a focal on aquariums and filtration. I have three tanks at my house and a fourth in the works. 135 reef, 90 gallon predator, and a 5 gallon pico. Working on a seahorse and pipe fish tank.

I'm 28 and I own a small business caring for horses and also provide behavior modification for dogs. My background has all been animal related since age 18, when I worked as a corporate receptionist at the HQ for a huge gym and was in charge of the VP's emails and errand ***** for all the big wigs in each department. WORST JOB EVER! Except the mail room manager kept a Betta fish on my desk since he didn't have a desk (my lobby was like an airplane hangar) and I fed the little guy for him.

Next job I took was at a dog kennel and I groomed pets. The volunteering I did in high school was at the humane society and I have always "preferred" fuzzy customers than human ones. That was fun but I found a job in rescue work and I did a lot of training and scouting for new owners while I exercised a pack of 10-15 goldens.

Hmmmm, that became a full time receptionist gig at a vet hospital when we managed to move our rescues all into foster care. I loved the customers but its a very emotional job and death is so hard to deal with for me, so I choose to leave and set out on my own.

3 years later, I can handle the "dog walker" cliche and just be happy I never doubted my instinct to work with pets. I make great relationships and the appreciation from clients is the best reward. Also I have a bunch of furry friends than mean the world to me! I am an artist, and I tutor French for extra cash.

Fish88- you are massively talented! I want you to look up the artist Ramona Lowe, you remind me if her realism and whimsy with animal portraits.
She sells cards of her pet art and the vet hospital I worked at sent one to each bereaved owner.

Your pony looks exquisite! Upscale lady and baby boutiques will sell your art and you only need to make sure you charge Enough! Ill look u up online or link us all to your website or gallery.

Thanks :) ok I will. It's actually my friends miniature horse. They are smaller than ponies. But thanks so much! :) this is my website:
www.pawsomepetpirtraits.blogspot.com

I'm 50-something and work in the IT Dept at a nuclear power plant.
Setup my 1st freshwater tank about 30 yrs ago and have had a saltwater reef tank for over 25 yrs.

I'm 28, have 2 kids and two horses- a racehorse and a mini. The racehorse is now retired from racing and we're working on a new career in eventing and dressage for her. By career I am a chef in a high volume restaurant, and I also run a small bakery operation out of my home. During slow bakery seasons I do photography at horse shows and also shoot for several car and horror/tattoo/alternative magazines. My work has been published in several magazines, including one in the UK. In the past I've been deeply involved in a local independent horror movie company, and have worked on 3 films with them. Kinda cool I guess!
I've had fish on and off my entire life, but never knew there was so much of a "science" to it until a few months ago! :) I have 4 tanks, a 20 gallon, 40, 5, and just finished cycling a 110. We're also getting ready to build a 40-ish gallon pond outside! Really enjoying reading what everyone does when they're not doing fish things! :)

With all these engineers I would like to change my job description from stay at home mom to domestic engineer. Or maybe executive of domestic operations. Whatcha think? Sounds more professional right? Hey? ;-)

I'm Amber...30 years old, "domestic engineer" and full time mother. I have the most amazing 2 1/2 year old little girl(Cadence) in the world...my husbands ok too.

30 I'm counter sales at a heating plumbing and electrical supply store right now I have a 55 sa and ca cichlid tank and a 20 with my sons gold fish in it for now I have a 120 waiting to be cleaned to move the cichlids to and a 90 that I might sell and I'm trying to get a 125 acrylic right now oh and I have a 12 year old German Shepard

Haha, at 15 I would hope you don't have kids! I wanted to be a marine biologist when I was really little, but things got sidetracked from that and I am working on becoming a psychologist. Still think marine biology would be a really cool career, though. Guess I could always get another set of degrees....

I would like to start out saying thank you to all the service men and women!!! I am 24, a husband, and father to a 19 month old daughter.A Carpenter of 6 years everything from bare lot to putting the trim on.My younger brother has always had a intrest in animals and rubbed off on me. when he was twelve he had two ten gallons and a 29 gallon in which he used to bred livebeares and sell them to a mom and pa fish store. He has always had fish and got me into it after he got an honorable dischage from the Air force.I am now hooked .I volunteer for IOwaters in which we water test local streams and con tributaries for raw sewage and other contaminants.Other hobbies inculed kayaking, camping,music, and family

Back
Top Bottom