What is your trade or job?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm 23 and am a hairdresser and am going back to school to get my degree for Vet Tech.
All my life I've always had something to do with some sort of animal. The family had fish since before I can remember, I bred and showed guinea pigs, rabbits, and horses in 4H and for national competitions since I was 10, and have always had dogs. When I moved away from home a few years ago I couldn't keep any of my furry friends with me anymore (other than my 2 dogs) so I decided I would buy own tank since I couldn't claim my dad's as mine anymore. Anyways, since that first 20 I've become obsessed. I started breeding livebearers not too long after that and now am working on harder species like bettas, bristlenose plecos, and am getting my first 2 pair of German Blue Rams this week.

Anyways, I've been doing some minor selling of my spawns and plants to people I know and on Aquabid and Ebay, and am dying to get a room to devote to a fish room so I can get some more income from the whole breeding operation I'd love to set up.

I'm a stay at home mom of two 17&9. Currently running 4 tanks with one in the "brainstorming" phase. Also starting my hand at plants with the possibility of a bowl/vase. I was introduced to fish by my father at a young age. (He kept pirañas) I was reintroduced to the hobby with my eldest child and have been "dabbling" ever since.

I'm 28. Have my BS in chemistry and work as a industrial waste water Technician for a major city in the USA. For those who don't know what that is, I make sure companies follow the clean water act and do special projects as well like checking to make sure storm drain water is clean going to the creeks and streams that empty into the rivers of the city. I started the hobby as a kid with goldfish from a fare and then moved to tropical. I stopped and then one day went back to it as I had a spare tank and though my office could use one. So now I have a 10 gallon planted at work, and 45 gallon planted in the works and ultimate plan to get a 90 gallon reef tank setup in my rec room when done remodeling.

I'm 20 and I'm a nuclear operator in the United States Navy. I had fish as a kid until I was 14. In January I talked my husband into getting fish. We started off with two 10 gallons, and a few weeks later bought a 55 gallon community tank. Now we're working on a 55 gallon African cichlid tank.

I'm 24, I am also a student, mother and wife. I have a 4 year old son. I also go to school full time working on my bachelors degree in paralegal studies. My husband says I should go to law school but not so sure. I am thinking of taking the LSAT and going from there.

As of right now I have one fish tank, was tropical and now is going to cichlids. Husband brought some home for me as a surprise, now that I have them I do love them. Although now know they are agressive they leave my gourami alone pretty well. I do have rehoming plans though for the gourami if things do get too bad. I also have a 5 gallon tank on the way, planning it for a betta fish. Will be my first attempt with sand, would love to have it planted but have not done enough research on that yet so fake plants will have to do for now.

My name is George and I am 21. (22 on Saturday!). I am married and have a 16 month old son. I got into fish randomly one day while at Walmart. I bought a fish bowl a glofish and a black moor......which died overnight. Since then I have done tons of research and started a few threads here and currently have a successful RCS 10g and a successful 55g community. I plan to turn my community into a cichlid tank some day but am in no rush. I also want to have a tank big enough to house an oscar or two but I am faaar away from that goal. I work as a tech in the emergency room at a local hospital. I am currently in school studying to be a nurse. My hobbies are my son, fish, healthcare, and a garden I plan on starting soon. This forum has really been a great help to my fish obsession. Nice to meet you all.

I am 15. I have always loved animals of any kind. I have a business where i draw portraits of people's pets - Pawsome Pet Portraits.
I learned almost everything i know about fish from my dad. When I was little, my parents got me a goldfish. Then my dad (who has always liked fish tanks) got a 20 gallon community freshwater tank. About three years ago, he pretty much just left for work and came home with a 130 gallon tank! :D so I have kinda been doing the fish tank thing my whole life... But I just finally got my OWN 10 gallon tank, which I hope to upgrade to at least a 30 gallon. :)

Oh an I also work part time helping my seeing teacher teach another class :)

30 we have a construction company. My son was really loving the glofish at walmart one day so my wife and I got a 29g stand combo from a small lfs. Fast forward a few months and I end up here trying to figure what my floor psi limit is.

I think I am now the oldest on this thread. Ack!! I am 40 and do accounting all day. I have an 18, 14, and 11 year old sons. Currently we have cats, dogs and fish. We have had hamsters, gerbils, turtles, hermit crabs, and frogs. My oldest wants a snake, but We've put our feet down there. No snakes!! My other two love the lizards, but so far no lizards live here.

I ll set the bar higher so no one has to be the 'oldest'. I m 57 & work as a veterinary technician/supervisor in a busy 3 doctor mixed animal practice. I recently sold my horses & set up a 50g FW planted tank. My husband raises tortoises, we have 6 cats & a silly Doberman. Have 2 more tanks ready to set up. This thread was a fun idea!

I ll set the bar higher so no one has to be the 'oldest'. I m 57 & work as a veterinary technician/supervisor in a busy 3 doctor mixed animal practice. I recently sold my horses & set up a 50g FW planted tank. My husband raises tortoises, we have 6 cats & a silly Doberman. Have 2 more tanks ready to set up. This thread was a fun idea!

It was a fun idea haha i was just laying there in bed and thought of it I didn't say what pets I got haha we have a cat a border collie two dingo cross bullmastiff pups and a rainbow lorekeet I have a coral banded shrimp in my nano tank and a community freshwater tank

I'm 25 and I work as a machinist, I make tools and drills for Boeing, bell helicopter and many other large companies. No kids just 2 55g tanks and a dog. O and a very understanding girlfriend lol

I'm 42, and I'm in the Air Force (kudos to the otherAir Force bet that posted). I currently teach at the Air Force Academy. I have four tanks set up. A 66 gallon saltwater reef tank (beginning stages), 40 gallon freshwater misc tank (mostly cichlids, but also has two feeder goldfish that grew too big before anyone would eat them), a 125 gallon tanganyikan cichlid tank, and a 140 gallon saltwater predator tank. I built the the 140 out of plywood, and it is my pride and joy. Very happy it held water as it was my first go 'round building a tank. I'll go bigger next time!!!

I have a Yorkie named duke and a black and white cat named moo. (my 2 year old brother named him) :)

lets just say for age, I been keeping fish Since Hendrix ruled the radio waves... lol. My dad got me into the hobby with an old stainless steel framed 20 gal. Been in the hobby on and off since. Have had Everything from a pond, to Cichlids, and salt reef.
I work for Caterpillar in the heat treat area, currently as batch Carb. operator. Spent 4 years sailing over fish in the Navy, and did some awesome snorkeling trips on reef all over the Pacific from the Great Barrier Reef, to reefs off the Marianas and the Philippines.
When I ain't playin in my tanks, or at work, I am an artist, fisherman, shooter, or just listening to music....

I'm a 19 year old college student studying civil engineering. Nothing really got me into fish I just decided one day that it sounded fun and jumped right in. My dad kept fish for a long time though so it was easy to get started (as long as I ignored his bad stocking advice). Other than fish I only have a dog. I am part of a sorority and am currently the financial vice president. Outside of school I build dollhouses. Between my dollhouses and my newfound love of fish I guess I just pick expensive hobbies.

I'm 24 and an Electrical Engineer for Kimberly Clark down here in South Carolina. Been working for almost a year. I have 4 tanks up and running with a 75 and 125 waiting to be set up when I move into a house! I also have two ridiculously silly dogs. One is an 8 lb silver dapple Dachshund named Eve and the other is a 120 lb black Great Dane named Luna. They are a sight to see :)

I'm 23 and I am working as a waitress, although I'm looking for a new job. Something that will actually utilize my BA in psych (graduated college almost a year ago) but at the very least a job in a better restaurant. I'm hoping to start grad school at sometime within the next year but I'm trying to get some money saved up and taking a well deserved break from school. I'm 23 and I've spent 20 of those years in school. No other pets right now (landlord doesn't allow them) but I have had many dogs, cats, and a couple rabbits in the past. I really miss having furry pets. Not married, no kids, but I have a wonderful boyfriend who is incredibly supportive of my fishkeeping addiction.

With all these engineers I would like to change my job description from stay at home mom to domestic engineer. Or maybe executive of domestic operations. Whatcha think? Sounds more professional right? Hey? ;-)

Hi, I'm 26, I work as a dialysis tech in south Texas. My mom use to have a 55gal tank when I was a kid, one day last month I just randomly stopped at a pet smart and walked out with a tank, four snails, and three ghost shrimp. I've added two more shrimp, three black fin tetras, and an albino plecos. I'm already planning for a 20-30gal tank.

Back
Top Bottom