What makes you stick with aquariums?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Luna09 said:
Lol do you also feel guilty because the light is on so late? I always feel bad and try not to do it too much but I can't help it :)

It's like your reading my mind lol. 10:30 pm and the lights were still on. In the dark everything is more colorful.

Scott F said:
It was cheaper thank drinking.

Ok....well IT WAS cheaper than drinking but not anymore.

What I spent on some new fish this weekend could have bought me a REALLY good bottle of Bourbon. A REALLY GOOD bottle.

Oh well...I got a thank you note from my liver ;)

Right. In the past week I have spent maybe $20 on alcohol and about $100 on the fish tanks... But I find fishkeeping very rewarding. I stick with it because it gives me some calm in my life. I can lose myself just sitting and watching the fish, and I even find the maintenance to be relaxing in a way. I love having the ability to make my tanks look exactly how I want them to. I don't mind spending lots of money on new equipment every now and then, I love being able to improve their tanks with stuff that makes it better for them. Not to fond of when I have to replace stuff because it broke, though. I'm a nervous wreck when I know my fish are without a filter or a heater for a little while.

What makes me stick with aquariums is the care for them, breeding and looking after fish. I would never get rid of or sell a healthy fish which doesn't need to go or is sick.

I kept with aquariums because when I have 3 essays to write on top of math worksheets, history readings, and studying for test watching and caring for my fish just relaxes me. Sometimes when I'm about to break I look at my angels or bettas and they'll do something that'll make me 'aww' and I just keep going. Plus there's the idea that once I started there was no stopping. I'm still new at this, IMO, and I don't want to quit, there's that whole thing called breeding that I want to try;)

I stick with my aquariums because I have a hectic life caring for my ill son. It gives me something for me, when I'm having a hard day. I love watching them & caring for them. They,re so relaxing :)

Back
Top Bottom