What next?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishman007

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey guys, i wanted to know if you had any ideas on what to get next in my 20g long. It has been running for a year now and has is stocked with:
German blue ram pair
6 neon tetras
1 kuhli loach
The tank is a bit empty aith only 9 fish and one that hides all day and only comes out while im alsleep. (kuhli loach) just wanted to know of if any of you have any suggestions of new fish.
My perameters are
0 ammonia
0 nitrate
0 nitrite
Ph 7.6
Temp 82°F

Thanks!

Zero nitrates is a bit odd. With a 20L you could fit another small school and also bump your kuhlis up.

Well, that poor kuhli is awfully lonely on his own. They are fish that need company of their own kind. Get at least two more of them, 3 is the lowest number that is likely to make them at all comfortable. You are not likely to see them unless they have a fair size group, which makes them feel safer. Two more is not going to add a huge bioload.. they are not dirty fish.

You might consider something like Boraras brigittae, they are quite small, very colourful, [red], and though I am unsure they are truly schooling fish, they do tend to swim near each other.

Well, that poor kuhli is awfully lonely on his own. They are fish that need company of their own kind. Get at least two more of them, 3 is the lowest number that is likely to make them at all comfortable. You are not likely to see them unless they have a fair size group, which makes them feel safer. Two more is not going to add a huge bioload.. they are not dirty fish.

You might consider something like Boraras brigittae, they are quite small, very colourful, [red], and though I am unsure they are truly schooling fish, they do tend to swim near each other.

Thanks and i am planning on getting more kuhlis in a couple days, does any one know what i could get for a 2nd school? If i could get another?

Chili rasbora.. the one I mentioned, is one possible small fish. Glowlight Danio are small and hardy, look like they have a line of orange LEDS down their sides. Gold Ring Danios are another pretty small fish.. and male Endlers can be lovely though they don't really school as such. But don't get females unless you want babies. Celestial Pearl Danios are pretty too, mid level swimmers and feeders also, as are the Gold Ring danios.

Chili rasbora.. the one I mentioned, is one possible small fish. Glowlight Danio are small and hardy, look like they have a line of orange LEDS down their sides. Gold Ring Danios are another pretty small fish.. and male Endlers can be lovely though they don't really school as such. But don't get females unless you want babies. Celestial Pearl Danios are pretty too, mid level swimmers and feeders also, as are the Gold Ring danios.

Celestial pearls are amazing! They are 7$ though i was looking for somthing a little cheap though and i hate glowlights. Gold rings arent the thing for my tank and chilis are ok also but i dont love them, any thing else?

I love green neons if you can find them. I am not to keen on the black neons But greens and cardinals are a personal favorite of mine!

Back
Top Bottom