What should I stock my 1.5 gal with?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ze_Ubermuffin

Aquarium Advice Regular
Cycling my first saltwater, a 1.5 gallon and am looking for suggestions on what to put in it. It will also have to be fairly common because saltwater fish are hard to get where I live. Thanks!

What kinds (if any) of starfish, anemones, or seahorse could i keep?

Another question... Can the pom pom crabs, sexy shrimp and asterina stars all live together?

Honestly. If I were u. I'd get 2 Pom Poms, a little live rock rubble and a small coral frag. A type that doesn't require a lot of light. Pom Poms r small (they'll look big in ur tank ) and r very interesting to watch. Also easy to keep. They're my favorite inverts although I don't c em much in my tank. They hide. But u will c them all the time if u just use LR rubble.

Theyll eat corals and if there isnt enough available then they need live starfish.
They don't eat corals as far as I have heard. They only eat starfish. I've kept them before and haven't seen any odd behavior such as eating corals.
That said, i think the water would quickly spoil having to add starfish to the tank on a regular basis. You can't buy tiny common stars. Thhey are all around 3" in diameter or larger.

Last edited:
mr_X said:
They don't eat corals as far as I have heard. They only eat starfish. I've kept them before and haven't seen any odd behavior such as eating corals.
That said, i think the water would quickly spoil having to add starfish to the tank on a regular basis. You can't buy tiny common stars. Thhey are all around 3" in diameter or larger.

My LFS has harlequin shrimp and they've got a 10g filled with Kenya tree and xenia which they feed to their shrimp. At first I thought it was for sale but they said no it's food for the shrimp.

1st i've heard of them eating corals. Starfish and other prepared foods yes, but not corals. Interesting.

Back
Top Bottom