What the heck???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I understand that all my fishes lives are in danger, but at least the Betta has a chance at living! If I'd have let his fate been decided by my teacher and that idiot, he woulda been flushed perfectly healthy down the toilet! At least now, instead of a 0% chance at making it, he has a fighting chance. It's not like I went to the store and fell in love with him, I just couldn't stand the thought of him getting flushed! I would've put him in another cycled tank, but he'd be even worse off considering I don't have one, and he'd have wound ip in a completely uncycled tank. I knew what I was getting into somewhat when I took him on, but I knew he had me, and this place to help him. I still feel like I did the right thing. I sware I won't add any more fish.

I had a similar problem and bought "Tetra Safestart". It cycled my tank and brought my nitrites down to 0 in three days. However, in that time the fish will likely die. Alternatively, use some media (a filter, bio-balls, sand) from an established tank to speed things up).

Another update.
Ammonia: about .10
Nitrite: 5
Nitrate: 20
So glad to FINALLY get that nitrate back to a somewhat sane level, but I'll do a 50% pwc to get down that stupid nitrite.

IM CYCLED!!! (I think) Did a test today:
Ammonia: .25
Nitrite: 0
Nitrate: 2.5
So happy!!!

Nice...its hard to differentiate between 0 and . 25 isn't it. Good job

Just in time too! My family is leaving for the beach today, and I wasn't gonna let the pet sitter do a water change, or even feed my fish! (he's only 8...) I hope they'll be ok. They can fast for 2 days anyway.

Great job! Persistence pays off. Now if you can just talk sense into the people who are too lazy to do all the pwc's it requires to keep your fish healthy. Plus you saved a beta in the process! I'd call that a success.

eco23 said:
Great job! Persistence pays off. Now if you can just talk sense into the people who are too lazy to do all the pwc's it requires to keep your fish healthy. Plus you saved a beta in the process! I'd call that a success.

Me too! Rescuing Elvis has been the best decision I've made yet! He's got so much character!

Back
Top Bottom