Whats the Anemone for my davinci?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Allisonzim28

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey! I'm looking for the perfect anemone for my 12g tank to go with my two Davinci clowns. They're the only fish I have, I do have two tiny blue legged hermit crabs however but the anemone would be up on live rock where they're unable to climb (I've witnessed their inability to climb it).
At the wonderful fish store I go to, they recommended I raise my SG to 1.022 so that's where I've been now for 4 weeks. Temp is 75*.

Thanks!

I would go with the rose tip anemone, they are pricy and look very nice, also you should raise your salinity to 1.025 and your temp. to 78

Thank you. I know clowns prefer lower SG, do you think they'll mind the 1.025?

Clownfish live in the same water as anemones. The is no reason to think that the would prefer less salinity than normal sea water. It is not an uncommon practice to keep fish only systems at a lower salinity because it seems to lower the occurrence of parasites. When you introduce corals or anemones that is no longer an option as they are not as well equipped to handle the lowered salinity as most fish.

Oh okay I suppose I was misinformed. Thank you. What do you feel is the most effective yet safest way to bring up the salinity without harming my clowns?

Great, last question.. In your opinion should my SG be eased up every time a top off the water or just top it off with the water SG 1.025?

I agree with Ivan. I would just do my water changes at 1.025. The change isn't that great.

Back
Top Bottom