Whats your impulse buy?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

richardh

Aquarium Advice Freak
Just bought a bleeding heart tetra today. I've seen him in the same tank at my lfs for the last 4 months and he's always peaceful with a host of unsuitable tank mates. I would assume he's mature, as around 2" long. All the stock around him have been and gone several times. So today I took pity on him and paid out the grand total of £2.50. Hopefully he'll be a little happier in my 33g than the tiny tank he was in.

Yes, I know he needs more of his own kind etc. etc. but he looked so lonely :(

So, question is, what's your impulse buy?

My impulse buy is at the same time the most expensive fish we have in our tank--
When buying a new tank this Christmas my wife spotted a Snowball Pleco and instantly fell in love. And so we went home with a fish worth £39.90 - but we had a discount of £10!

senemedar said:
My impulse buy is at the same time the most expensive fish we have in our tank--
When buying a new tank this Christmas my wife spotted a Snowball Pleco and instantly fell in love. And so we went home with a fish worth £39.90 - but we had a discount of £10!

Never heard of one of those, so googled it. Wow, can see why she loved it. Cool fish! :)

these guys were my only impulse buy...

Attachments

• 101_1092.jpg
    101_1092.jpg
    166.2 KB · Views: 176
my L-204. walked into the LFS, saw him in a tank with the commons, took him home because i knew he was different, and found out what he was, and that he was starving to death in that tank because there was no wood. :( now he sits proudly at 5 inches and i love him to death :)

I went to my lfs on thursday to get a new bubble pump for my new 20 g and I saw 1 black w tetra in a 3 g tank and 2 in the 3 g next to it so I bought them all they are now swimming happily in my ten g they will either be put in my 20 g tomorrow or mon

my Dwarf gourami. he was so small and he was sitting in the corner of the tank in wally mart. they normally sell for more than 3 bucks but at that day he was marked 1.84 so i thought why not. i cannot leave him all alone in there. now he is happy and much bigger in my community tank.

I don't really have an impulse, it's more a craving lol.

Like when I got my honey gourami, had to wait 2 weeks and I nearly chewed my fingers off waiting for the store assistant to bag it lol :)

My dragon fish was mine. I saw him, didn't have a clue what he was, what he needed, how big he'd get, or what he'd eat. Until we got him home and he ate anything and everything that fit in his mouth. :-O Still love him though, he was my "better learn fast" fish!lol

Don't really consider mine an "impulse buy" though I've had a couple over the years but my impulse buys are rather spendy usually $100 a pair of something. Now I refer to them more as my "cichlid bleeding heart moments" and that being said I've had 2 such moments in the last month LOL 1st well I've absolutely got "sucker" tattooed on my forhead when I see a single H.temparalis and I just can't let it go home to someone to live out its life in a 20g. My 2nd was 3 A. thomasi, seen them at the store for a few months now and told myself the last trip over for fish food if they were still there I'd bring them home. So had a coupon for buy 2 fish get one free of equal or less value a whopping $7.98 and they came home

Mine was my Betta, he was in a tank with a couple of appistos and his fins were nipped so I took pity on him. He's all well and good now though

Agreeing with the betta!

Everyone of my bettas, minus my first one, was an impulse buy. Just seeing them so sad and sick and cute in a little cup is my version of the ASPCA commercials with Sarah Mclachland (not sure how to spell it...). Anyway, always fall in love and buy new set ups.

This is why I'm currently not allowed to walk near the betta sections. haha

Bettas do seem to be a popular choice. I almost bought one today....but came to my senses at the last minute and realised I don't have anywhere to put one ! The wife would have killed me ;)

My Betta was an impulse buy. I was fishless cycling my tank and I figured if they live on people's desks in bowls, surely I could keep one alive in a 2 gal. bowl until my tank was cycled. I was so happy the day I released him n the big tank.

image-3065755469.jpg

Attachments

• image-2443612562.jpg
    image-2443612562.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 109
My last impulse buy was my Betta for my ten gallon. I just show up with things, without the wife knowing lol. When I got my Betta he was stuck in some plastic container in a tank flaring at another male, but I took him home cuz he was confined. Now Cletus has a ten gallon to himself and he's lovin it. He's still camera shy though but he loves to lay down on the plants and stretch his fins.

I've never had an impulse buy because my dad is always right there with me and he hates impulse buys lol.

Back
Top Bottom