Whats your impulse buy?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Both my male and female betta were impulse buys, although the girl was a somewhat planned impulse if that males sense. I know I want a betta sorority in my 20 gallon once I get my puffers moved and get the 20 back to freshwater, so when I saw a gorgeous girl at my LFS I had to snatch her up. She's in my 5 gal for now. The male was a true impulse buy, I had to clean out an unused tank once I got him home just to give him somewhere to live :/ but he's much happier there than in his little cup.

richardh said:
Just bought a bleeding heart tetra today. I've seen him in the same tank at my lfs for the last 4 months and he's always peaceful with a host of unsuitable tank mates. I would assume he's mature, as around 2" long. All the stock around him have been and gone several times. So today I took pity on him and paid out the grand total of £2.50. Hopefully he'll be a little happier in my 33g than the tiny tank he was in.

Yes, I know he needs more of his own kind etc. etc. but he looked so lonely :(

So, question is, what's your impulse buy?

My impulse purchase was a Tiger Oscar, an Albino Tiger Oscar, a Yellow Lab, and an Electric Blue Hap to go into the same 55 gallon tank, lol. Obviously I was new to Cichlids at the time. I returned the Oscars and kept the other two.

Jolenebailey said:
Just set up my impulse buy. 65 gall tank:) very happy

This is where the impulse buy thread collides with the "you know you are an aquarist when..." thread! Only one of us crazy people would get a 65g as an impulse buy! Jealous! ;)

My impulse by was the 50g I bought yesterday. What can I say, it was on sale ;)

My impulse buy was a 29 gallon tank and a stand. Total price was 54 dollars, it was too good of a deal for me to pass up.

Nakinata said:
My impulse buy was a 29 gallon tank and a stand. Total price was 54 dollars, it was too good of a deal for me to pass up.

Awesome deal!! I'm super jealous, paid $124.99 just for my tank XD

My newest impulse buy was a sparkling gourami I spotted in the feeder tank. And then the tank and all for it. Started out as a $3 fish and ended up costing more. Oh well.

over the last month i have made many impulse buys, including new filters for all my tank and new heaters for 2 of the 3 tanks

I have to keep myself from being impulsive whenever I visit PetLand. They have a 5 inch Ghost Knifefish in a 10g tank with dwarf puffers. I want to rescue him every time I see him but I dont have a tank large enough :(

My recent impulse buys was at an auction over last weekend held by the MN Aquarium Society. I was there to buy plants, but ended up buying a 5g tank with hood and light for $5 and three pieces of driftwood for $7.

Back
Top Bottom