where can i buy maracyn & other similar meds in uk???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

millym

Aquarium Advice Regular
hi
have read lots of posts where maracyn,maracynII & other similar meds are recommended for various ailments for fish. ive never seen them here in the uk the only thing we can get nearby is interpet meds which we have had varying success with but what i dont like about interpet is they dont always tell you on the pack what is actually in them, what ingred/antibiotic etc. i like to know what im dosing my fishies with before i start.
id just like to get hold of some common antibiotic/antifungal treatments for common diseases so i have them if needed as our nearest lfs only has interpet meds & is a bit of a hike to get to.
i have found an internet site that has stuff like protozin,cuprazin etc on it but have never seen maracyn anywhere here.
anyone know or can put me in the right direction

Urp. Getting antibiotics for fish in the UK is a problem; antibiotics are illegal to sell over the counter (yet codeine isn't....never understood that). You can try a local vets office, but it probably won't be cheap. Or one of us can send you a care package from the states *grin* you didn't hear me say that ;)

thanks ally,
i'll try a local vet. customs might be a bit 'funny' if im importing something that is restricted to qualified persons, but thanks anyway for the 'un offer' :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

thanks so much ghost!!! fantastic article & has just about all of the info i need. maybe its time i subscribed to practical fishkeeping it seems like a really useful mag :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom