Where in NY-NJ are you from?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bronx, NY. Born in Manhattan. Guess that makes me a native New Yorker. lmw80, I occassionally visit the Plainsboro area on business (I work for one of those major financial firms that populated the Plainsboro area in the early 90's). If you know the location of Scudders Mill & Dey Rds., you know where I'm referring.

Jchillin, I actually just moved to Pa, but still work in Jersey (so I will defiitly still be hanging out in this forum and participating in get-togethers) but where I moved from, my parents house...I would take scudders mill road to dey road to get to work, so I definitly know where you are talking about!

lmw80 - I recall seeing your post earlier this month about your moving date (I recall you had 12 hours!). I usually visit the area in the spring for conferences. I'll get back.

lmw80 said:
Jchillin, I actually just moved to Pa, but still work in Jersey (so I will defiitly still be hanging out in this forum and participating in get-togethers) but where I moved from, my parents house...I would take scudders mill road to dey road to get to work, so I definitly know where you are talking about!

I live in Burlington NJ. Right across the river from Bristol.

JackBurton said:
lmw80 said:

I live in Burlington NJ. Right across the river from Bristol.

Yeah, I am about 5-10 minutes from the Burlington-Bristol bridge.

Long Island

My homeland!

This forum is dead I think we need to liven it up a bit. Make it so everyone wants to move to NY/NJ to be apart of us ;x

Hi

I have just joined this forum. I live in Astoria, Queens and work in the City, Manhattan. My SW tank is only two months old, so I'm new to this. :roll:

Hello from Peekskill

I just want to say hi to all to local folks! I live in Peekskill which is just the northern part of Westchester, 1 hour drive north of the city (Taconic Pkwy). Seems like I'm the most northern member here.

My fave LFS is one I just found closer to the city in Nanuet (Route 59), called Pet Place II. There's also Animal Kingdom in Mohegan Lake closer to me... but I don't expect anyone here to know where Mohegan Lake is :D

Welcome to the forum!!

If you feel like takinga road trip, we are going to the Museum of Natural History tomorrow.

Welcome to NY/NJ! Although I'm a city dweller, Nanuet is very convenient for me (Tappan Zee). I've never heard of Mohegan Lake but if it's anywhere near Nanuet, I could see myself making the trip.

Thanks Lori for the invite to the Museum. My kids love going... we're just tied up with other family plans. We also like to frequent the Norwalk Aquarium in CT.... prolly just over 1 hr drive on 95 north.... great place for getting the kids to learning more!

Jchillin... here's the info on Pets Place II in Nanuet:
120 E Route 59
Nanuet, NY 10954-2910
Phone: (845) 623-5565

BTW, this is what really hooked me into using them despite driving 30 minutes south:
Has anyone found a LFS that quarantines their fish before selling them?? They DO!! I happened to notice how many of their bottom tanks on display had "NFS" written on 'em with a marker... so I asked about it and they told me about their 1 week quarantine!! WOW. Should I not be so amazed? This is the 1st fishstore I've found doing this. They claim the amount of dead fish their customers come back to them with has dropped something like 30% or so.

Queens.....near Kennedy Airport. I work in Western Nassau, on the North Shore. There are a decent number of LFS in my neck of the woods.

Back
Top Bottom