Where to buy plants?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CleverBs

Aquarium Advice Addict
So I put in an order 3 weeks ago with Sweetaquatics.com and well they have REALLY REALLY bad service. I have tried to contact them a number of times asking them why its taking so long for them to ship my plants and they dont respond so today I am filing a dispute with paypal to get my money back because I am sick of this.

What is a good website to buy plants from because I dont want to have to go through this again.

well, I sent a dispute and was contacted right after saying my package was shipped, Ill be giving an update when I get the plants.

I hope everything works out with your order, I'm sorry you had to go through that! I've ordered plants from aquabid before and had nothing but awesome service and products. Hope you get everything sorted out!

I have also had bad experiences with that site as well as other "large" online retailers. I usually just get them from my LFS's or member on here. Much better IMO.

CleverBs said:
So I put in an order 3 weeks ago with Sweetaquatics.com and well they have REALLY REALLY bad service. I have tried to contact them a number of times asking them why its taking so long for them to ship my plants and they dont respond so today I am filing a dispute with paypal to get my money back because I am sick of this.

What is a good website to buy plants from because I dont want to have to go through this again.

If you would have looked at this forum, especially only over the last month or so, you would have seen horrible reviews of sweet aquatics.

Yeah comparing the prices with the ones here its cheap plus he gives u a good amount of planrs and hooks it up my friend has bought a few and they r good healty big

I was leaning in the opposite direction. Don't get me wrong, his plants are good... I went over to his house and got most of the plants I have now.. but they're expensive as all get out.. and he has that minimum order thing that's annoying.

I use aquariumplants.com, although I was not as happy with my most recent order because I could tell all of the plants were grown out of water very close to the light. I've had a lot of die off and they are just starting to spring back, but I guess that's what you get. I have also bought plants from petsmart but you have to be careful and know what your looking for and not accidentally buy terrestrial plants. I agree that checking with members on the forum is a good way to get plants. Once mine start to grow out I would be happy to offer trimmings, or trade out as well.

I use aquariumplants.com, although I was not as happy with my most recent order because I could tell all of the plants were grown out of water very close to the light. I've had a lot of die off and they are just starting to spring back, but I guess that's what you get. I have also bought plants from petsmart but you have to be careful and know what your looking for and not accidentally buy terrestrial plants. I agree that checking with members on the forum is a good way to get plants. Once mine start to grow out I would be happy to offer trimmings, or trade out as well.

i get my plants for petsmart too, but its important to make sure you know what you want going in because they will try to sell you terrestrial plants. they tried to get me to buy mondo grass last time i was there :p

mfdrookie516 said:
I was leaning in the opposite direction. Don't get me wrong, his plants are good... I went over to his house and got most of the plants I have now.. but they're expensive as all get out.. and he has that minimum order thing that's annoying.

I didnt know there was a minimum, I uses to get them from petsmart n sometimes petco but they always have the same kinds n r expensive n in bad shapes n with snails

after I get this order in ill be using the site and trading because I should have a lot of plants and so we will see what happens, Right now my fingers are crossed that my plants I get are in good shape. Ill be posting pictures as soon as I get them so people know what to expect from Sweetaquatics.

I bought most of my pants from a dude here and they were really good plants at a nice price.

I get most of mine from the local Pets At Home.

They have a big variety and if you can handle the risk of a snail or two then they are pretty cheap.

I'm waiting till they get some more moss balls and anubias, going today so hopefully :D

New said:
i get my plants for petsmart too, but its important to make sure you know what you want going in because they will try to sell you terrestrial plants. they tried to get me to buy mondo grass last time i was there :p

What's so bad about mondo grass?! :O I got some yesterday!! From petsmart!! :O!

Back
Top Bottom