White patches of eggs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
As far as I can tell it does not have any movement. Even my cleaner shrimp go right over it and pay no attention to it.
There is also a small batch of it right above the larger one, can see it in the pic as well. I only noticed it a few days ago but it has not really changed the i can tell. It is a new rock to me so anything could have rode in on it I guess.

Tank is FOWLR, 2 skunk cleaner shrimp, 2 clowns, 1 neon dottyback, 1 coral beauty angel, 1 green mandarin, 1 choc chip sea star, 2 turbo snails, and the usual hitch hikers. The tank is very peaceful, and everyone plays nicely.

They kind of resemble clown fish eggs. Do the clowns get aggressive when anything goes near it?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

the black dots you see are actually the eyes forming along with the little fry this pict is a example through out the progression period

aid1390158-728px-Breed-Clownfish-Step-9.jpg

once you start to see two black dots they will probably hatch with in the next 2/3 days usually after lights out .
this link will lead you to a good amount of info on the clown
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f28/profile-clownfish-1966.html

Well maybe they are clown eggs but thought they would be orange as I have be told that's the color they would be. I did get the rock out of a tank full of clowns at the LFS but the clowns where put in the tank earlier that day.
Nothing in my aquarium pay any attention to them at all.
I suspect that if I actually want these to hatch and have baby clowns I should move the rock to a tank with no fish? Or will the fish I have not eat the babies?
My kids have fresh water tanks that have been overrun with mollies... those things breed like crazy. The day the mom fish has a batch, the dad is already giving it to her again and she is more than content with it. That goes for both of their tanks with the breeding pair in each.

I wish I could breed green mandarins like that. I don't know why exactly but I love that fish, and the neon dottyback is a close second for its energy level.

Well it's been awhile and it still looks the same. I'm so confused. I let my nephew borrow my pro cam but will get a better pic once he is done with it so maybe that will help identify it.

Well it's been awhile and it still looks the same. I'm so confused. I let my nephew borrow my pro cam but will get a better pic once he is done with it so maybe that will help identify it.

it is possible the eggs are not fertile or they should have hatched by now ,
all the clown eggs my clown lays are greenish turn brownish as they sit , than they turn a silver color right before they hatch

Back
Top Bottom