White plant like hairs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

caccia12

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a saltwter tank that has been running for roughly two months now, it's very healthy and i have not had any fish deaths, the point being is that I have smal white plant-like hairs growing on my live rock, they look kinda like mini white sea fans. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated thank you. Sorry no pics.

Last edited:
Kinda look like this?...

img_965559_0_b11c1c2860722002e99e90e8a2040f0d.jpg

If so, then it's just a "runner" from a type of sponge. I have them here and there in my tank. I pluck them out when they start to annoy me.

[Edit: On second thought... I guess there are two white "plant-like" hairs in that picture! The biggest one running horizontal at the center of the picture is the sponge. The little white hairs that are to the right and below the sponge are from a feather duster. If it's just a single "hair" you're talking about... it's a sponge. If there are multiple hairs like a feather duster, then, well... it's a feather duster!]

These websites were awesome but unfortunatley they weren't in there I do not know when i will be able to get pics but i'll keep working on it thank you.

I just bought a live rock today and it does have a couple of tiny striped tubes nothing has poked out of there yet but i suspect there either tube worms or feather dusters not fully sure though.

if you look directliy at the tip of the rock in the middle there is a pink slug like creature with a small oval thin shell what is it, is it good or bad?:confused: i spotted this at night, this is really hard to see due to pic quality srry but this is why i never have pics.

if you look directliy at the tip of the rock in the middle there is a pink slug like creature with a small oval thin shell what is it, is it good or bad?:confused: i spotted this at night, this is really hard to see due to pic quality srry but this is why i never have pics.

Actually... I'm sure the quality of the picture is fine, but ummm... where is it? :D

Small stars on glass

I have recently discovered quite a few tiny little stars on my glass they are white and they have appeared one week after buying a new live rock do not know if that's what they came from but what are they?

Sorry for the poor quality but it's better than nothing however if you look it's the white thing in the middle.

Attachments

• a3.jpg
    a3.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 110
  • a4.jpg
    a4.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 57
Thank you very much I am very happy that i can post pics now

If you look in the middle of the rock you can see a small white star sort of shaped creature it moves very slowly so I think it's a star fish but what type?

Here is a pic from the above article of the pink slug if you look it is directly in the middle on the tip of the rock

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    37.6 KB · Views: 113
White star = asterina star.
Last picture... sorry, just not a good enough shot to see what it is. Does it move or is it stationary?

Back
Top Bottom