White spots on GBR?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm running a 75 gal with an ac 110 and a eheim 2213. It's been running for some time now so I'm not worried that cycling is the issue. I do have some plants in it as well

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Yea I can keep it at 80 easily. My other fish in the tank are: angel fish, rasboras, tetras, 1 gourami, 1 leopard fish and a bunch of cory cats

Sounds like that stock can handle 80°. How long have you had the ram? Is it the only one displaying signs?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I've had a male and a female since August. Yea she is the only one showing signs as of now

They're tricky fish, how often do you change water?, high nitrates can get to them too.

I'm a busy guy so I don't change it as often as I should, I usually do once every 2 weeks.

I hear you.. best to keep the nitrates below 20ppm for rams. If you get them past 4/5 months than you're doing something right.

I'll have to test my water when I get home to see what it's at. Up until now they have been doing great, very active fish. She's the only one not looking so good

Well my guess would be a combo of temp swings and nitrates. . They are tricky fish but not impossible, i have a few myself, awesome little aqua critters.

Yes they are, I love their color changes! And their activeness

Yah... been there. Sorry for the loss. Rams are the worst to lose, they make such a drastic swing towards the end, lively and colorful to dull and stuck to the bottom..

It sucks, now my male is hanging toward the bottom. No signs of the white spots tho. Not sure if he's getting it or just heartbroken

Yah, he's bumming. . Rams form bonds, they'll actually mourn the loss, get him a rebound;)

I was just gonna ask that, so it's ok to go and get just another female?

I was just gonna ask that, so it's ok to go and get just another female?

Sure.. if he doesn't approve of your choice he'll probably kill her. Pick a lone girly or two..

It's gonna be hard to get a pic Bc he hides but the male isn't looking very good now. One side of him looks like he's getting the white spots and there's what looks like a bloody dot on it

Up by his head. I took a video so I'll try and get the best screen shot of it

Ammonia burns or nitrates getting to him, gotta up that water change game man... i work up 60 hrs a week and manage 4 tanks, 3 high tech planted and do a 50% wc on all of them atleast once a week.. it's do able..

Back
Top Bottom