White spots on neons tail fin

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm baffled here, I wish I could get a useful pic, basically now the red in the neons tail has washed out and it's all white and cloudy

Could be just stress. I had them do that with a bacterial infection. Early stage fin rot I would of thought more gradual and start at fin edge.

I'm still treating as ich but now I have entered ntd as a possibility as well. Tough stuff this fishy business. On the up side my killies had babies! I'm a grandfather!!:cigar:puff:puff:

For treating ich?

Yes! Of course you want to continue to solve the root problem. But it works well with fresh and salt water fish. You can even buy it at fish store. Keep refrigerated. I learned it quite a few yrs ago and I found it very helpful. Helps with fish that are sick and to keep fish healthy, also as an additive nutrient. Just be careful as always not to over feed:)

Yes! Of course you want to continue to solve the root problem. But it works well with fresh and salt water fish. You can even buy it at fish store. Keep refrigerated. I learned it quite a few yrs ago and I found it very helpful. Helps with fish that are sick and to keep fish healthy, also as an additive nutrient. Just be careful as always not to over feed:)
I will certainly look into it, thanks!

I'm still treating as ich but now I have entered ntd as a possibility as well. Tough stuff this fishy business. On the up side my killies had babies! I'm a grandfather!!:cigar:puff:puff:
Hey what kind of killies?

Unlikely that it's ntd. Sounds typical for a neon with ich. The color washing out is definitely normal. I've only lost two species of otherwise healthy fish to ich during treatment: neon tetra and orange hatchets.

Hey what kind of killies? Unlikely that it's ntd. Sounds typical for a neon with ich. The color washing out is definitely normal. I've only lost two species of otherwise healthy fish to ich during treatment: neon tetra and orange hatchets.
Panchax! I'm just keeping a close eye on the situation.

Not a great scene this morning, one dead on the filter intake, funny thing it wasn't showing any signs of illness, hmmm, the original infected was question mark shaped off in the corner( he is now longer with us)

It has to be ntd, I left the heat up for now, the neon that was stuck to the filter was always questionable, I spoke to my Lfs guru and he explained it as the runt, nothing to worry about , I bought 6 together 3 months ago and they were all growing except the one, it was tiny, didn't always school up, now I'm kicking myself for leaving it in the tank..

Yes for now they seem fine, there us a faint whiteness to one of their tails bit I may be paranoid at this point . The other species in the tank all seem fine as well. I'll keep posting on the outcome

Yes, just lost a celestial pearl danio, swimming erratically, loos of color, this stinks. Now it is either progressive visual deterioration, eventual loss of motor skills thhan death or rapid overnight loss of color,motor skills and death. Anyone???

Sorry to hear things are going badly. I hope you are able to find a solution.
This is the worst, I'm really hoping someone jumps in here with some insight, at this rate I'll be tearing down and bleaching in 5 days..

This is the worst, I'm really hoping someone jumps in here with some insight, at this rate I'll be tearing down and bleaching in 5 days..

All we can do is the best we can. It's very hard to make a call bout what the problem is because in many cases symptoms may cover a range of problems. I'd just go a little bit more frequently with WC to ensure that water is always better than needs to be instead of good enough. List ecery symptom and hopefully if it is something obscure someone can pick up on it.

I called my Lfs and based on the erratic swimming they're thinking it's an internal parasite and requires meds, at this point what do I have to lose...

Back
Top Bottom