Who names their fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

10gal_nano

Aquarium Advice Addict
Here's my little guy. Help me name him!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Paul? lol Nah, j/k...I find that names come to me depending on the fish. Like I have a Pootie Tang, Grumpy goby, Sumo (flame hawk), banana, the banana wrasse lol. I even have a teddy bear, he has the cutest face and is about 2 feet long. (engineer goby)

Paul? lol Nah, j/k...I find that names come to me depending on the fish. Like I have a Pootie Tang, Grumpy goby, Sumo (flame hawk), banana, the banana wrasse lol. I even have a teddy bear, he has the cutest face and is about 2 feet long. (engineer goby)

Haha!

Watch him and see if he has any personality traits. I had a yellow tang that was twitching all the time so I named him twitchy. lol That grumpy goby I have alwasy has a grimace on his face, he is like 5 or 6 years old so he is an old grumpy fish. haha

Or he could have an identifying mark on him, I have a freshwater cichlid we call spike cause he has like a mohawk of yellow going down his back.
Sumo my hawkfish looks like a sumo wrestler, he has those black marks over his eyes. lol

Hmmmmm, how about Zebra? Ya know, because of the stripes? Haha, not the most creative but it works. Maybe a name having to do with the yellow patch on his head? :D I love Gobies! Nice pick!

WOAH! Your Engineer got big quick! I remember when he was a tiny little fellow! LOL

Hmmmmm, how about Zebra? Ya know, because of the stripes? Haha, not the most creative but it works. Maybe a name having to do with the yellow patch on his head? :D I love gobies

Like the names. He seems to be happy in his very own pico reef. Only inverts other than him

Watch him and see if he has any personality traits. I had a yellow tang that was twitching all the time so I named him twitchy. lol That grumpy goby I have alwasy has a grimace on his face, he is like 5 or 6 years old so he is an old grumpy fish. haha

Or he could have an identifying mark on him, I have a freshwater cichlid we call spike cause he has like a mohawk of yellow going down his back.
Sumo my hawkfish looks like a sumo wrestler, he has those black marks over his eyes. lol

I couldn't agree more. I name all my pets, fish included, and I typically name them after characters from books or movies that have similar traits to the pet.

I name my fish too :) and some of my inverts!

55 gallon elephant nose tank
16 gallon Giant African shrimp tank

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom