whos home just watching their tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jsmith

Aquarium Advice Addict
Being its friday and such the day relax.. i find myself with a beverage planing my next purchace... looking at all the rock trying to find something new and after years still do occasionally. Whatever happen to making plans with friends and family? Darn you aquarium!

Doing the same. Got my mushrooms out of their tupperware earlier & got them placed, did my pwc, and was just looking at the tank only to see a nice little head of aipstasia poking out..... :facepalm:

Went to the LFS and got a scribbled foxface and 2 honey chromis. Now am sitting with a cold beverage watching the tank and the interactions between the new and old fish.

I do the same thing! Fridays i will go to my LFS and do some maintenance. And then just relaxe and watch the fish sense tomorrow I work and won't get to see them much over the weekend :) friday fish days

Khij159753 said:
I do the same thing! Fridays i will go to my LFS and do some maintenance. And then just relaxe and watch the fish sense tomorrow I work and won't get to see them much over the weekend :) friday fish days

Amen. Wish there was a church called fish of later day..

Haha. That'd be great! Mines fairly new but still fun to watch and think about what to do next. And sometimes fun just to plan a dream tank :)

Khij159753 said:
Haha. That'd be great! Mines fairly new but still fun to watch and think about what to do next. And sometimes fun just to plan a dream tank :)

Oh trust me, it never gets old.. i always tell the ol lady its a good thing shes never made me chose...

Friday is dubbed my official fish day...I do pwc on them and take a stock of anything I might need for them. I hardly watch tv anymore since I got into this hobby.

I hardly watch tv ever now. And lucky for me, my gf was the one who got me started in this hobby just cause she likes them, she's never had one. Now I'm obsessed and she knows I'm gonna have plenty of fish tanks when we move out :) in our opinion they're more entertaining and educational then tv

I WAS watching my tank... Then I started drinking beers and went to the bar. Then I came home and drank more beers and watched my tank some more. Vicious circle :cool:

Benamayer said:
I WAS watching my tank... Then I started drinking beers and went to the bar. Then I came home and drank more beers and watched my tank some more. Vicious circle :cool:

I like that cycle! Cant say ive never done it.. worst happen after you go to bar then stop at lfs on way home..

Benamayer said:

I hope you werent driving!

I have been away from my tank for nearly 2 weeks..... Im quite anxious to get back and see some coral growth!

my brother and i rent together and he is always making fun of me for sitting here and watching the tank for hours. lol (doing it right now actually. got the moon lights on and hopeing to see something come creeping/slithering out from the LR.) but i will catch him sometimes doing it too!! haha

Yeah, I'll walk in my room and find my brothers layin on my bed starin at the tank :p and I don't even got corals in yet!

Awesome :) so what exactly is moonlight? I'd like to be able to look into my tank at night but idk how to set up the lighting or what I'd need ect.

I run a 12" 460nm LED strip for moonlighting...

image-2690973116.jpg

It's a Marineland Accent light... Works like a charm I think :cool:

So what is it? Am I basically just running a smaller blue light over my tank while the other lights are off?

Exactly. I actually run mine 24/7... Can't really see too much of the blue because my main lights are obviously much brighter, but the LED's use barely any energy consumption and are rated for like 50,000 hours or something like that lol... I found a nifty way to take the actual light strip out of the casing and install it to my main light :cool: came out pretty good!

Back
Top Bottom