why is my coraline dying?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

copi

Aquarium Advice Freak
LR has been in my tank for a few days, and my coraline appears to be dying already. Patches of it are turning white, dusty.

Calcium > 400
KH/Alk = 11.2/4.00
2x65w (4.6 w/gal): 1 dual daylight & 1 dual actinic
Ammonia bumped to 0.2, after LR added -- doing water changes & feeding every other day until it comes back down.

The coraline is dying off because it was out of water for so long. Don't worry it should rebound rather quickly. I have coarline on the glass at the top of the tank, and when I drain the tank down a little for maintenece and such for a couple hours, it turns white. :wink:

Give it time. Might want to bump up your calcium to around 450 and see if that helps.

How old is the tank...... is this a new set up? If so you will get die off during any cycle... give it time... and check alk and cal on a regular basis.

seaham358 said:
How old is the tank...... is this a new set up? If so you will get die off during any cycle... give it time... and check alk and cal on a regular basis.

The tank is relatively new, but completed it's cycle several months ago. It was formerly FO, then I went to FOWLR (slight ammo bump, back to zero now). I'll keep my eye on the coraline, calcium, and alk. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom