Why is this?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I know how you fell about nitrates mine are 45! I mix my tap with reverse osmosis water. Just get one for your house and have it for dual purpose.

Here's an idea if its only nitrates they sell just nitrates removing media. A whole setup for like $120 it would produce better water for freshwater tanks.

Here's an idea if its only nitrates they sell just nitrates removing media. A whole setup for like $120 it would produce better water for freshwater tanks.

Nitrate removing media is expencive and doesnt last long, 15 days at the most usually. I bought some at one point.

No I mean a tap water nitrate filtration system For drinking water keep your body healthy and then your pets it's $120 that will never regret spending.it can do.5 gallons a minute.

Maybe i missed it, but what is wrong with your house water? Also are you using the API strips or liquid tests? The strips can be inaccurate, but the liquid tests are very good, just be sure to shake the nitrate 2 bottle really good or it can give false readings.

Maybe i missed it, but what is wrong with your house water? Also are you using the API strips or liquid tests? The strips can be inaccurate, but the liquid tests are very good, just be sure to shake the nitrate 2 bottle really good or it can give false readings.

Liquid and I have 40ppms of nitrates.

No I mean a tap water nitrate filtration system For drinking water keep your body healthy and then your pets it's $120 that will never regret spending.it can do.5 gallons a minute.

What system?

I'm guessing the amount if nitrates in the water will be a factor when you move!

I cant wait to move only because where ever I move will probubly have city water. Nitrate free city water! No more carrying buckets for me. 70$ tap to tank water changer here I come. Lol I've clearly put thought into this already.

Yeah your lucky I'm stuck here for 2 and a half mor years:p

Well if it wasnt for my tap water I'd already own the water changer, but its pointless right now. Good thing the water changes on my betta tank is nothing. Two gallons a week lol. What kind of fish do you have?

Right now I have bolivian rams
Cherry barbs
A brick swordtail
A few bronze Cories
And sarpae tetras
Plus two apple snails in a 30 gal
Changing my water I do 30% weekly and it takes about 40 mins

I still think 40 isnt THAT bad.. Ever consider plants? They will use up the nitrates... Ask around on the planted board.

I bought 4 westeria plants. Not only did they not thrive my goldys eventually dug them up. All except one. Their now in my betta tank and doing fantastic. I have a show tank so its harder for the light tto reach the plants.

Right now I have bolivian rams
Cherry barbs
A brick swordtail
A few bronze Cories
And sarpae tetras
Plus two apple snails in a 30 gal
Changing my water I do 30% weekly and it takes about 40 mins

I always wanted apple snails :) I heard they poop alot tho lol. I dont need any more in my tank my three goldfish do that job just fine.

Yeah I had a goldfish who liked to beat up plants

Yeah...they seemed to have picked one they liked tho. They left that one alone and even tried to nip at my hand when I tried to remove it. So I just left it. I need to buy some javafern or something though. I just havent had the money.

I'd love to snag some starters from somebodys tank. Hornwort or something that grows fast.

Back
Top Bottom