Wigglers At Last!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And that's a good thing, right?? :D:D:lol:

More proof the system works! You now have a confirmed viable Male & Female. (y)

You can start doing daily small water changes to reduce the M. Blue as previously discussed.

Congrats (y)

Sexes has already been confirmed as this is their 4th spawn but first that I've separated the eggs. I've tried to let them raise naturally and may still do so but I also did want to have a successful spawn as well. How long can the mates spawn for? The breeder I spoke with says his were spawning every 10 days and would go for a year. Would that time frame lengthen if they spawned say every 25 days as mine have?

Sexes has already been confirmed as this is their 4th spawn but first that I've separated the eggs. I've tried to let them raise naturally and may still do so but I also did want to have a successful spawn as well. How long can the mates spawn for? The breeder I spoke with says his were spawning every 10 days and would go for a year. Would that time frame lengthen if they spawned say every 25 days as mine have?

Depending on who you ask, Angelfish have an average lifespan of 8-10+ years. Considering that they can start breeding at 8 months ( I don't suggest letting them breed until about 12-14 months old) that leaves about 7-9 + years to breed. Usually, the really older fish have really poor spawning successes and are sold as XL Angelfish if they aren't too beat up. So actual productive breeding time may be a year or 2 less. I've had pairs spawn every 7 days and others that went every 10-14 days or longer. But they bred like clockwork. The thing is only separating the pairs or letting them care for their spawns will prevent them from spawning. Once they get going... :brows: It's a hard train to stop so you have little control of how often they spawn. lol You just need to keep track of how long they've been spawning.

Hope this helps (y)

That's my plan. If it doesn't work, I may eventually try to pull the eggs, but not anytime soon.

How are your coming along? Free swimming yet, or still wiggling? I feel like I've been in a time warp, with no idea how long its been this week.

i pulled eggs out about 12 days ago and now i have about 150 free swimming fry. im having so much fun feeding them and watching them

bob mccoy said:
i pulled eggs out about 12 days ago and now i have about 150 free swimming fry. im having so much fun feeding them and watching them

Congrats on your fry Bob!

Mine are going to be free swimming tomorrow or Monday I think. A few are swimming for about 30 seconds then reattach somewhere else. Excellent news Bob. Looking forward to that myself

I've got swimmers! Still changing the water which now that they are swimming makes it more difficult trying not to suck them up. I'm siphoning in the a container first though. Now to start feeding them baby brine shrimp. The jar still has some blue in it. Will that affect feeding them?

I've got swimmers! Still changing the water which now that they are swimming makes it more difficult trying not to suck them up. I'm siphoning in the a container first though. Now to start feeding them baby brine shrimp. The jar still has some blue in it. Will that affect feeding them?

If it were me, I'd be gently pouring them from the jar into the empty tank I was taking the water change water from and start feeding them in that tank. Whatever Meth. Blue that's left over won't harm anything and will be diluted everytime you do a water change. Crank up the sponge filter ;):D ( ONLY KIDDING!! Just get it started, don't over blow the air to it or your fry will be flying and not swimming :lol:) The blue won't do anything with the feeding but a jar will pollute very quickly so I don't recommend feeding in there.

That's how I would handle it (y)

Ok they are in their own 10 gallon. The parents are busy cleaning the slate. This is rather exciting!

Keep a record of how often they are spawning so you can make a predictable schedule for yourself. You'd be amazed how handy this little bit of info comes into play down the road. ;)
This is how I made making a lot fish an easy thing to do (y)

I hate my angels. I just put them back in the main tank about a week ago. I just go to turn out the lights and I see them picking on the filter intake tube and I see breeding tubes. Now I only hope this third time works. I will not be moving them back as that doesn't seem to work for them. Bubba defends the territory anyway and I'm prepared to move the fry if I have to.

They suck!!!!! lol

andy is rite . i take a black marker and write the date on the tank or i have also made a record in my note book on witch pair have laid on witch days. i have tons of pics but no way to put them on profile till i get a new camera i can send them in a text message if anyone wants to see them. leave me your number in a pm.

I hate my angels. I just put them back in the main tank about a week ago. I just go to turn out the lights and I see them picking on the filter intake tube and I see breeding tubes. Now I only hope this third time works. I will not be moving them back as that doesn't seem to work for them. Bubba defends the territory anyway and I'm prepared to move the fry if I have to.

They suck!!!!! lol

Sorry Deb but this sounds like the conditions in your separate breeding tank was the problem, not the fish :nono:. I'd be looking into how you were maintaining that tank should you try to do it again in there. I used bare tanks with a sponge filter and heater only. Add a spawning site and weekly water changes and PRESTO, breeding fish ;)

Sometimes it's not the machine, it's the machanic :blink:

Good luck with them (y)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom