Wigglers at last

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:D They are no longer wigglers. They went free swimming this afternoon. It's so cool to watch the parents pick them up in their mouths and the spit them out.

I tried to get a pic of them feeding on the females back (near her forehead), but they're just so darn small.

That is an beautiful Discus!!! I think I see the 'swimmers'

Thanks for posting the pics! Very cool!

Nice pic (y)
I think I see the freeswimmers too - they look like a swarm of gnats just above the adult's eye. It's amazing that something so large and beautiful has such humble beginnings.

Now, will the fry subsist completely on the parents' slime coat, or will you have to supplement their diet with infusia or something at some point?

Congrats Brian! :D

It's really great to see all that hard work, dedication and passion paying off for you. I hope you enjoy this great experience, it's been a long time coming :wink:

It's a shame, I'm on the west coast. It would be a pleasure to get a couple of Discus off you in the future.

Keep up the good work!

They'll feed like this for 4 or 5 days QTOFFER. Then I'll switch to bbs or daphnia.

You never know Mojo.....Fish arrive live all the way from Asia. :wink

Here's the next pair I'm hoping to spawn. I think Snow White Butterflies are fantastic.

You wouldn't believe it.................. So I'll let you wonder cd. LOL

:D Okay, here's the best pic I could get on day 3 of their tiny little lives. You can really make out 1 of the fry against it's mom and see the size diference.

Sheis (that's German). Wrong pic above. I'll try again.

That is fascinating - I imagine you are glued in front of that tank all of the time!

My husband was a blacksmith for years and worked with a German - Rick knows tons of oaths, and no problem recognizing that one, LOL! We should've named the dog that....

I got all excited with the first pic.. thought you were posting more Albino Pleco photos.. haha :oops:

Very cool I can really see the 'swimmer' in that one.....

Do you have a count on the remaining fry still?

Go fry go!

BrianNY said:
You wouldn't believe it.................. So I'll let you wonder cd. LOL

Oh I can believe anything, a friend of mine paid 700 just for one proven female. He owns a shop here and has about 15 90g's and one whole aisle dedicated to breeding discus.

Well 15 90gs puts my little venture to shame. *LOL*

I got this proven from a breeder friend of mine. I will say.......I stole the pair for $300. However, they haven't spawned in my room yet. I think they are quite finnicky and may take a few months to adjust. He told me he had some probs with them, and I'm accepting it as a challenge. :wink: They produce small spawns and the female is a fry eater.

Sorry I missed this thread before, Brian! This is all very exciting news.

When're you going to quit your job and become a discus breeder? :wink:

LOL

Come to think of it, his last post *was* at 11:49 AM this morning... Then again, I'm posting from work :oops:

Your fish are absolutely phenomenal! I come to this and the Albino thread more than I go to the LFS now to see the photo's and see how they are doing!!! :)

Back
Top Bottom