Will male beta eat guppies?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If you don't add the ADF that might work, but IMO kuhli loaches would be best in a 20 gallon.

Why not
1 Male/Female Betta
6 Neon Tetras
5 Dwarf Cory Cats

I had neon tetras with my male betta and they nipped at his fins so bad I had to move them. In my ten gallon I currently have 3 bronze Cory cats and my male betta. They work well together :)

Honestly I would skip the Kuhlis. I think you will be a lot more satisfied with Coryodoras Hasborous or pygmies. I am speaking from experience.

Really consider that your options are not vast. That being said you can still have a nice tank.
I would even understock the tank and try live plants.IMO,plants really finish a tank and not only that but they greatly benefit the fish in both water quality and overall environment. Try that for a month or two and decide whether or not you really want more fish in a small tank.
I suggest a dwarf theme i.e. Dwarf Rasboras, Chili Rasboras, Dwarf Paradise fish, Badis, Pygmy/Hasborous Corys.

I am definitely interested to see what you do, and hope to see pics ASAP.

I have a male crowntail betta in a 10 gal tank with 2 male guppies, 2 juli cories and 6 neons. They all get along great! I did add the betta last as someone else suggested.

Ok, I'm going to just try 5 guppies, and 5 neon tetras, six African dwarf frogs and ten ghost shrimp, when one of my dads bettas dies off, il try he female betta

Ok, I'm going to just try 5 guppies, and 5 neon tetras, six African dwarf frogs and ten ghost shrimp, when one of my dads bettas dies off, il try he female betta

Ok that's way overstocked for a 10 gallon. Your options from that are 5 guppies and 5 neon tetras OR 5-6 African dwarf frogs - not all of them together.

Ok, I think what I'm going to do is add 8 neon tetras and a velvet wag swordtail, how does that sound, with about 8 ghost shrimp?

Ok, I think this is a good idea, aqua divisor said it was good
8 neon tetras
1 dwarf gourami
6 African dwarf frogs
8 ghost shrimp
I think that this is perfect, it said I needed to do 53% water changes weekly with the double filtration I have

Hi Goldfish loach boy!

That would be massively overstocking your tank. Instead of trying to fit as many fish as possible into one tank why not try listening to some of the stocking suggestions being provided to you? Trust me, it's actually more rewarding to see your fish happy and behaving naturally instead of seeing an overstocked tank with unhappy and unhealthy fish.

Yea, I did my research now, I'm only putting 4 African dwarf frogs 6 neons, one gourami, and 5 shrimp

Back
Top Bottom