will this algae ever end

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NJDevilsWinCup

Aquarium Advice Regular
ive been cleaning my glass every 2-3 days because of the algae its used to be worst. its a new tank started in the end of febuary like the 20 th or something. its mosl brown and green algae. is there anyways to help get rid of it or does it slowly slowing down with time?

NJDevilsWinCup said:
ive been cleaning my glass every 2-3 days because of the algae its used to be worst. its a new tank started in the end of febuary like the 20 th or something. its mosl brown and green algae. is there anyways to help get rid of it or does it slowly slowing down with time?

So do I...I don't know if it ends, but as long as you keep up with it, it only takes a couple minutes.

I have a turbo snail and it seems to defecate all of the time. Is there anything to take care of this?

Sorry that this is a bit off topic. I got the snail to eat my brown algae.

With the tanks I've started the brown has gone away on its own. My current tank is about 9 months old and I dont spend much more than 10 minutes a week cleaning the glass.

Maybe my nitrates are so high that the algae cant live :wink:

Yeah I got snail poop in my tank too.....I never had it too bad until I got the fighting counch snails...I am going to have to get them a litterbox or something.. :)

Back
Top Bottom