Worm id!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KKAY27

Aquarium Advice Freak
This was In my simple tank at the top of the glass above the water? I have horsehair worms to what is this?????

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1414962262757.jpg
    1414962262757.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 95
Kind of hard to see. How does it move? Does it glide? Does it lengthen and contract?
If it glides then maybe a type of flatworm (including planaria). If it does the other then maybe a leach.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Kind of hard to see. How does it move? Does it glide? Does it lengthen and contract?
If it glides then maybe a type of flatworm (including planaria). If it does the other then maybe a leach.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

It wasn't in the aquarium at all i don't think! It was above the water line! It looks like a black maggot! And it moves like a maggot to! I have feed my shrimp a alge pellet and they haven't ate much of it! Could it be a fly that layed eggs!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

It's probably an insect larva. The pic looks like it has segments, common for insect larvae. Fly larvae are maggots, usually white. Most of the common ones lay eggs on rotting meat, so probably not a fly. Could be one of several insects, many of whom are predators, so I'd get rid of this thing.

Back
Top Bottom