worm on a cardinal tetra

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

annlynn

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I posted about this about a month ago but haven't had the chance to do much follow up. The situation hasn't really changed, I have a cardinal tetra with a white worm like thing on it, no change in eating habits, temperament or schooling behavior. No other fish in my tank is displaying symptoms.
My tank stats- 20g long, 7 harlequins, 5 cardinals, 3 cories and a mess of snails. Moderately planted, levels all good and heated to around 76.
Everyone is doing fine and the worm has been around for about a month now.
My husband managed to nab a clear pic of the problem. I'm hoping with a photo I can get help with diagnosis.

Attachments

• 160204.jpg
    160204.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 105
Hi annlynn:

Looks like it could be an anchor worm, but since your tetra doesn't have any symptoms it's kind of hard to pin it down. Unless your tetra begins to display symptoms (usually flashing, inflammation, lethargy) it's hard to recommend treatment. If no other fish show signs of infection, you could isolate the tetra in a hospital tank and use a broad-spectrum antiparasitic on him.

-Yorg

I posted about this about a month ago but haven't had the chance to do much follow up. The situation hasn't really changed, I have a cardinal tetra with a white worm like thing on it, no change in eating habits, temperament or schooling behavior. No other fish in my tank is displaying symptoms.
My tank stats- 20g long, 7 harlequins, 5 cardinals, 3 cories and a mess of snails. Moderately planted, levels all good and heated to around 76.
Everyone is doing fine and the worm has been around for about a month now.
My husband managed to nab a clear pic of the problem. I'm hoping with a photo I can get help with diagnosis.

Back
Top Bottom