Would this work.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Okay well here's what my stocking is now (aw)
1 dwarf gourami
1 apistogramma (dunno which one still. Open to ideas!)
1 Pelvicachromis Pulcher
5 panda corys
1 brittlenose pleco
1 (peaceful) female betta (who can I ask if this would work)

That MAY work with enough line of sight breaks and territories. Bettas and cichlids never seem to get along IME, but with a plan b in mind, might be worth a try. As far as apistos, the most common are the cacatoides (multiple color variants). Most others would require having them shipped most likely.

That would probably be a fine choice. I would avoid the eiseni complex, but just about any others should work. I have no idea how hard they'll be to find. Probably impossibly without having them shipped to you.

Can't I get like petco to order in? If not I know a specialty shop that prob will (or have a different type of apistogramma)

You can try. The only apistos that show up on most wholesalers lists are cacs and occasionally borelli. The chain stores operate (or contract) their own supply chains so that they have a fixed amount of species available to "order in". Unless the specialty shop imports or deals with an importer, the chances are high that they won't be able to get them either. Not trying to be a damp towel, JMO.

I'll settle for any type of apistogramma! This tank is going to be sweet :). Thank you everybody you guys have been a huge help

Yes, fin nipping could be the least of your worries. Like I said, have a plan b. The fins won't matter with cichlids or gourami.... they are territorial. And kill.

I have a 5 gal oxygenated bucket which is the plan b ;). I looked it up and the cichlids are suppose to be fine the DG.. Not so much. Oh decisions....

Back
Top Bottom