Yeah, I'm back again after 7 years....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MsBeanCtr

Aquarium Advice FINatic
After so many years you would have thought that I would have forgotten about all of those water changes.....the thousand upon thousands spent on corals and clams....the constant water running while I pray to the ro/di filter to 'filter gods' to filter faster etc etc etc

Yeah well....I want to try it again but with only one tank and a small one.

I know that I don't want to go too small but not so small as to require constant monitoring and water changes (like every 2-3 days).

What are your thoughts as to something like this?

https://www.drsfostersmith.com/prod...b-_-mf-_-RetNF31418&rdmid=4503&rdadid=5170857

Looks like a nice AIO[All In One] .
20g will allow for a little fun with corals and inverts but not much room for fish or a wide selection...If that is how you want you set up it should be pretty manageable...
Welcome back. It is never too late to start again !

I wasn't going to do much in the fish department.....I was thinking of possibly doing a frogfish but that would be it. I am not doing clowns again....they are evil!!

I have the nano fusion 20 and love it. Definitely a nice tank especially with the low iron glass.

I have an AI hydra 26 hd over it and its growing montis and a clam pretty well. I have the kessils over a 40 breeder and like them but I feel like they don’t penetrate the water as well as the hydra

Excellent! Thank you.....I gotta ask....what kind of clam do you have in that tank? I think that's what I miss the most (other than the corals...and my tangs)...I had several different clams...deresa, squamosa, crocea and even a hippo clam.

Just a striped deresa. It’s done really well over the past year though in there.

Welcome back. I just recently bought an IM 25 Lagoon about 2 1/2 months ago. Running a single AI Prime as lighting, and love it. I did pick the Prime over the Kessil, as the AI Prime had more of what I was looking for. If you aren’t doing that many fish you will love it.
My warning is this: and almost everyone has done this with their IM tanks:
I replaced the Return Pump to a higher GPH, added a Powerhead, replaced one of the filter socks with an inTank media basket, added a protein skimmer(as I am putting a few fish in).

Back
Top Bottom