You Know You Love Aquariums When.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
When you are telling an employee at the lfs how to tell the difference between male and female fish, or when they don't know the exact species of fish in the tanks because all it says on the label is "assorted African cichlids" so you kindly name them and show them how to tell which is which ;)

Yeah, when I finally found Bolivian rams which are rare in my area, I explained to the young guy at petsmart the difference between male/female.

When you and your girl break up and your only sad cause u have to spilt the fishes and tanks in half knowing your the only one who knows how to take care of them ......women!(throwing my hands up in agitation)

I have trouble with this also. Lately since I don't have room, I've been able to contain myself. But it's always a good reason to upgrade! Lmao

Haha yeah i recently upgraded to a 20 high from a ten gallon.. and lately ive been contemplating starting up my ten again in maybe a different room :) would be good for a fry tabk as well, though i do have a 1.8 gallon for fry.. which is unfortunately empty right now

You know you love aquariums when you ask for a bio wheel 350 filter for your birthday ;)

When your sister tells you that when when you were younger that you used to sleepwalk. Not just sleepwalk but traverse two flights of steps with the lights off (I was afraid of the dark ironically) and settle down in front of the aquarium, turn the light on and sit there and watch. She said I was unresponsive to noises and even her waving he hand in front of my face.
After a while I would walk back upstairs and go back to bed. Apparently this went on for some time.

When your sister tells you that when when you were younger that you used to sleepwalk. Not just sleepwalk but traverse two flights of steps with the lights off (I was afraid of the dark ironically) and settle down in front of the aquarium, turn the light on and sit there and watch. She said I was unresponsive to noises and even her waving he hand in front of my face.
After a while I would walk back upstairs and go back to bed. Apparently this went on for some time.

Thats awesome

Lol! Or when your sister tells you that you talk randomness in your sleep about fish and tanks! :D

When you have dreams that your fish finally fdropped fry and the first thing you do when you wake up is scan the tank

freshwaterashley said:
When you have dreams that your fish finally fdropped fry and the first thing you do when you wake up is scan the tank

Or you do the same after nightmares of fish jumping from your tanks...

Her telling me about the sleep walking and staring at fish explains a lot.

I also used to have recurrent dreams of visiting this place with silver water and orange skies (yea weird) and on the beach were dozens of fish tanks filled with all sorts of creatures. Every time I would come back I would see a different section with you name it. I actually looked forward to the recurrence. And then I grew up; i never went back.

When this pic is your to do list for a Friday night and an automatic reminder dings to tell you someone responded to a post you're involved in. LOL!

Attachments

• image-920010805.jpg
    image-920010805.jpg
    131.5 KB · Views: 101
When you spend your free time 3 hours on your day off with any assortment of things you COULD do, with anything involving fish and shrimp and your fish tanks...(and AA) :brows:

Back
Top Bottom