You Know You Love Aquariums When.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
98kshooter said:
...when your bathroom sink includes all the toiletries, and a bottle of API water conditioner.....

Mine has prime! And buckets... And a few empty fish bags... Well not so much anymore as my bathroom is currently home to some kittens, but before that it ended up full of fish stuff. Although the buckets are in the "fish room" with aged water for changes on the betta fry tank.

When you hear the dog licking water and you run to the fish tank to see if it sprung a leak.

Or when you hear the cat drinking water when your sleeping and wake up to shoo him away from your fish bowls

This is a new one for me...

When you develop an "emergency plan" for your tanks should they crack or start leaking. (Prompted by the sudden desire of my 22 month old to bang his toys on the front of my 110 gal because mommy freaks out.) lol

When you have a nightmare about putting a fish in a tank without acclimating them to the temperature first. Then realize you just put saltwater fish in a freshwater tank. Then the glass breaks. These are what my dreams are like now lol this specific one happened last night.

When you have two tanks set up & three more empty ones because you don't have the room to set them up but you can't stop buying tanks for your future fish room in your future home.

When you have two tanks set up & three more empty ones because you don't have the room to set them up but you can't stop buying tanks for your future fish room in your future home.

Guilty! Hahaha my hubby thinks I'm off my rocker!

chas10 said:
Mine too lol when we look for houses I remind him it has to have one maybe two extra rooms & the floor has to be very sturdy lol

My boyfriend and I are apartment hunting again and that is one of our top requirements!

Lol, I know how you feel! Aquarium things are fun to put on a Christmas list!
Haha yup! I literally can't think of any thing else! My family is frustrated with me :p

.......when you keep coming up with tons of different reasons to get more tanks!

You tear down tanks to make maintenance easier for your self only to end up buying an even bigger tank and think of things that can be done with some of the old tore down tanks because of corse they cant be gotten rid of and they look so lonely when they are empty

When you try to persuaded your mom to send you siblings to an orphanage so you can put fish tanks in there rooms.
When you look forward to the orthodontist because it means you can go by the lfs.
When you do 2-3 10% water changes on your quarantine tank daily.
When you cry over a new fish dyeing but not your great great aunt (in my defense she forgot me a year ago) (◎_◎)
When you stay up until 1am doing research for a new fish and homework you decided wasn't as important as your water change.

When you try to persuaded your mom to send you siblings to an orphanage so you can put fish tanks in there rooms.
When you look forward to the orthodontist because it means you can go by the lfs.
When you do 2-3 10% water changes on your quarantine tank daily.
When you cry over a new fish dyeing but not your great great aunt (in my defense she forgot me a year ago) (◎_◎)
When you stay up until 1am doing research for a new fish and homework you decided wasn't as important as your water change.

Haha love it!!!

When you want it to be bed time for your kids so you can do a water change then stare at your tank in peace (don't judge me...lol).

Or when you would rather not feed your crew for a day than let your husband do it for fear he will over feed...

Cleaning your lounge room involves deconstructing stone features you are toying with for your next tank.

Scrubbing rocks in a bucket of hot water is something you look forward to but you hate doing dishes like getting dental work.

You stop during bushwalks to inspect uprooted trees in hopes of finding that perfect driftwood piece. You also carry a fold up saw capable of harvesting it when you find it.

You have window sills dedicated to wild aquatic plant collections and a desire to incorporate some safely into your tanks.

You have every scrap of paper near your computer covered with plant names and your LFS winces whenever you wait near the counter empty handed or worse with several envelopes (I have been known to check three times weekly if my plant order has come in yet).

When your LFS is considering planting a tank and asks for advice with plant types.

When you start to recognize other frequent LFS shop visitors and know a few of them and their pets names.

When none of the 50-60 peices of driftwood available at our LFS are quite good enough.

Friends/family sometimes bring a rock they found to your house and you consider it an excellent gift. I have a niece that is a great collector and recognizes when one of her rocks goes into a tank.

Haha yup! I literally can't think of any thing else! My family is frustrated with me :p

.......when you keep coming up with tons of different reasons to get more tanks!

I with you there! Family & Friends....thats when it changes from a hobby to an obsession:) and i wouldnt have it any other way!

Back
Top Bottom