You know you're an aquarist if...(just for fun)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
When your husband only gets you a bottle of perfume for Christmas because he saved a wad of cash to take you boxing day shopping at the lfs...and only the lfs...and you are soooo happy that he did that!

joejeff said:
When the availability of power outlets becomes a limiting factor in setting up new tanks.

I got a plug in wickless candle and have no idea where to put it. It has to go in my room to be away from the cat and all the outlets in my room not behind my bookcase or the mini fridge are for the tanks in there. Guess I get to shuffle the outlet extenders again...
Also, you know you're an aquarist when everyone else at Christmas is showing off pictures of new babies and their children and you're showing everyone pictures of your tanks!

Jlsardina said:
When you are running too many outlets and can't support the electricity needed in one room for a reef aquarium so you run white extension chords to another room that blend in with the base boards of the house just so you can support the SPS corals you really wanted

Lol. I am considering running a cord from bath room. My gf doesn't really need to use the hair dryer that bad rt? Need to just find a larger power strip... Hope I don't short something out

Sisserydoo said:
You give your fish an extra algae wafer for Christmas!

Lol. I think I actualy did extra feed a little today, it was a subconscious thing

joejeff said:
Lol. I think I actualy did extra feed a little today, it was a subconscious thing

I am defrosting some of my chopped oyster and shrimp mix for my puffers. Anytime I cook shellfish I put some aside for them in the freezer.

This is great :)
Merry Christmas All!

All you get for Christmas is fish themed bathroom set and bedroom set.
Can't wait for tomorrow to buy discounted fish supplies with the gift cards you got :)

I got a plug in wickless candle and have no idea where to put it. It has to go in my room to be away from the cat and all the outlets in my room not behind my bookcase or the mini fridge are for the tanks in there. Guess I get to shuffle the outlet extenders again...
Also, you know you're an aquarist when everyone else at Christmas is showing off pictures of new babies and their children and you're showing everyone pictures of your tanks!
Or when you couldn't care less about the pictures of children/babies but you jump on any chance to see somebody's tank pictures.

When you wash your face and accidentally use a fish towel to dry off AND don't mind.
(Happened this morning. Told my mother and now she thinks I have a disease. haha)

When you start thinking "where have you been all my life" to the person at your LFS when they start talking about their tank and/or give you advice on yours.

00youknowit00 said:
When your girlfriend surprised you with a tree decorated with all kinds of fishy ornaments:)

Ha! Step it up!

When you call your landscaper buddy whom you see when you ride your bike home from school, make him trim the tree into a fish, and pay him 20$ because it looked awesome!

I wish I took pics before mom threw it out ;(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom