Zer0's 17.3G Shallow Rimless Cube

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah lol, i would be too. This would be the 4th thread that ended short because of my impulse to tear things down and build another. It's like a disease man.

I wouldn't worry about the blenny for several reasons:

1. My tank is smaller, and mine is still alive lol

2. I don't feed him anything extra, aside from the occasional algae wafer (which I haven't in a long time)

3. You could try some nori, I have some, I just haven't had the time to try a piece in there for him

4. You're experienced, it shouldn't be that hard for you!

And I would be pretty mad if this thread died like the others, you get these tanks I'm jealous of, then don't do a darn thing with them!

Edit: I just remembered that I've also seen my blenny eat the pellets I feed the tank as well, and I know those pellets aren't just for herbivores lol

I think you just convinced me Corey. I think i'll just try and get a baby and grow him out! My new rockwork should be pretty accommodating for him.

After the blenny, i'll need one more fish that does lots of swimming, but not too much hiding since there's really only one rock cave and i doubt there will be room for two fish once the blenny gets bigger. Maybe a school of orange lined cardinals.. or maybe red spot cardinals. I hear those are pretty hard to keep alive though... We shall see. But yeah, the blenny is #1 on my fish list. Woot!

And yeah i know.. all of my tanks in the past never really seemed to satisfy me because well, i guess when it comes to aquariums i'm pretty OCD about the whole presentation of the tank. Sometimes the tanks had crappy stands, or the aquariums were kind of messed up. But now, i built a stand that is amazing and is actually appealing to look at, i have an awesome tank with an external overflow like i have wanted for so long, and i have that light tree which will make all the cables neater and is a breeze to adjust the height of the light. I'm finally content.

Oh yeah, and i may be getting a GREAT deal on a 150w Giesseman NOVA pendant! So stoked for that.

I'm the same way about my tanks. I'm in a predicament right now trying to decide to get a new tank or not, because I'm trying to save money for college. :lol:
Did you make the light tree or buy it?

Yeah, the giesemann should look really nice. Ans i made the light tree. I made it out of 1/2" EMT pipe, and i bent it with a conduit bender. I went through three pieces though lol, because i messed up the first two. It takes a couple tries if you're new to it. Spray painted it gray too.

Selling this whole setup lol. I'm going to be moving in to a dorm and i'm considering a FW planted setup. :)

If anybody in New Jersey wants this, PM me.

ADA or you're lame since you've changed your mind so many times.

I was really looking forward to seeing this get set up too.. :(

lol yeah, ADA tanks are amazing. But i was thinking of building my own. :)

Your avatar pic is awesome.

I can't believe your ditching this tank! What a D*** tease. But if you are thinking of building your own I can't blame you..... here is some motivation for you, just picked these up yesterday.

Lol I just googled starry blenny and found one I liked. And if you build your own it's starphire or you're lame!

And badfish, I'm presuming that's glass right?

lol i know. My tanks tease me too.. but i need something more compact. I'm thinking of going Elos'y lol. It's most likely going to be a 16x16 cube, with the height of 15" so it doesn't look like a column. Plus, i had a tank that was 18" high, and 17 and 16" are just too high for my taste. Not sure yet, but i'm liking the cubes at this point. I would go with a corner overflow like the elos mini as well.

Interal or external? And if you're going planted you'd still build an overflow? Or have you not decided on that yet?

I don't know if I said this yet or not but if I start another tank I really want to go with the Mr. Aqua 25G cube like you had, FNI pendant and all, except probably no sump/fuge (more like an AC50 or something). I'm too weary of plumbing and whatnot right now, not confident in myself lol

That or a 20L or a 40B LOL.. So many options! But that's gonna be way down the road, like years for me

Internal. The 25g cube was nice.. but too big for my taste, cube wise. Yeah, you say years, but it comes around a lot quicker than you think lol.

Badfish, what are the dimensions going to be of your new tank?

Well unless I sell my setup I'm not. Gonna be a poor college student in a few months, not much room for extra expenses besides maybe corals :)

47 gal, 24"x24"x18" The back and bottom are glass, the front and sides are Starphire. It only cost about $250 total with delivery! I remember being a broke college student and it sucked, thats why I didn't stay for too long.

So a somewhat shallow rimless? I like those dimensions, I just dig square base tanks. I see a piece with hole drilled, bottom piece or a side/back?

Lol and I'm going for a bachelor's so I should only be about 4 years, hoping it won't take any longer than that

Back
Top Bottom