Zer0's 25G Trimless Cube(Again)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zer0

is back to save the day!
I feel like I lost some love for AA, and I felt kind of bad. And also I really miss this place.

So I decided to share my new build with you guys! Hopefully some people will forgive me for leaving? :oops:

Anyways, It's a fast moving build, fortunately, and it's already growing to be something amazing. In my opinion anyways.

Here's some pics!

And here is my lighting system. 24 3W Cree LEDs! 12 Royal Blues, and 12 Cool Whites:

Here's my list of equipment:

• - Mr. Aqua 25G Trimless Cube - 18x18x18
  • - DIY Stand
  • - Custom Sump - 15x15x14
  • - QuietOne 1200 return pump
  • - 150w RenaSMART Heater
  • - Glass-Holes super nano overflow kit w/ 1/2 return kit
  • - DIY 24 LED Fixture / 12 Royal Blues and 12 Cool Whites
  • - Bubble Magus NAC3+ Protein Skimmer

Well that's all for now. I will try and update this thread with as many pictures as possible but most of my updates will be over on nano-reef. Anyways, if anyone has any comments, questions, or concerns, please feel free to ask/say!

Thanks a lot bro. I put so much time in to this thing. Took me about 2 months to get to where I am right now. Had to make everything perfect otherwise I knew I Wouldn't be happy with it. But sure enough, I am extremely happy with the results so far. Can't wait to see this baby filled with water. It's so painful just having it sit in my room empty like that lol.

Looks awesome empty. Can't wait to see what you do with it.
Sub'd.

Yeah, I'm using a fairly large skimmer for this tank, the NAC3+, so I think I want to stock with fish pretty heavily. Not sure yet though as I don't feel like QT'ing anything so ich is on my mind lol. A pair of ocellaris for sure, and I was considering a trio of Orange Striped Cardinals and then probably a small goby of some sort. Maybe neon.

Substrate will be sugar sized oolite again. Love that sand.

Never heard of that skimmer. I vote for a pair of black ocellaris. ;) With the cardinals and the clowns, you have the med and high level swimming regions of the tank covered, so a yellow watchman or something else that stays towards the bottom would IMO go better, but just my thinking.

That is a good suggestion. Something that dwells near the bottom. Hmm.. Need to think about that one. Maybe a wheelers watchman goby... or maybe a pinkbar.

I would consider the black ones but they are like 30 bucks more then the regular ocellaris, EACH. So that's like.. 80 bucks for two fish. Won't happen lol. I could get two ocellaris for 26 bucks.

It's a Bubble Magus NAC3+. It's an awesome skimmer and I got it from a local reefer for 70 bucks! Gave it a vinegar bath last night and it looks brand new. :)

Well, this place isn't really what it used to be, but I figure I'll update this thread just for old times sake. Here ya guys go:

img0280jh.jpg

img0282nc.jpg

img0283pt.jpg

img0286mx.jpg

img0287meq.jpg

img0289s.jpg

img0290v.jpg

img0292lo.jpg

nice how much did the led lighting run you btw? ive been thinking of going led on my tank

Zero, how many times are you going to start over before you actually get something in the tank for any length of time;)

Looks good so far....I am beginning to think you like setting up and planning more than stocking the tank.

nice how much did the led lighting run you btw? ive been thinking of going led on my tank

Thanks. The LEDs costed me around 275 in total. Including everything you see before you. Drivers, heatsink, LED, wire, etc..

rock structure, lighting and tank overall looks beautiful.

Thanks dude!

Zero, how many times are you going to start over before you actually get something in the tank for any length of time;)

Looks good so far....I am beginning to think you like setting up and planning more than stocking the tank.

:D Welcome to my life haha. I really do love the way this tank came out though. I plan on keeping it for the long haul.

I'm liking it! How is that overflow connected? Or is that just a filter? I'm curious, sorry.... ( I might be doing something similar soon)

Back
Top Bottom