Ziggy953's 150 Build errrr....120 Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a good idea to have any kind of tang in that small of a tank...they need much larger tanks to do well...that is probably the reason behind the ich...the angle should be in a larger tank as well.

Yeah, I think that was the problem..... Not to worry. My cardinals will be more happy than the tang.

***Update***

Well I am pleased to say that the diatoms have finally burned out and the sand is on it's way to being populated with those nice little warriors.

The cyano that popped up a week ago is about finished as well. PWCs and reduced lighting got them under control. I'm not surprised I had an out break with all the reworking of the sand and rock. Thankfully I have a large enough system that the effects were minimal. I've got a lot of coral to get placed in the tank still. I'm not rushing things. I want to make sure I think things through in the placement.

All in all the corals that are in the tank are looking great. The color on my ORA Blue Tort is bluer then I have ever seen it. All those frags I picked up from Fins & Feathers a couple months ago are looking GREAT!! There is one that I hope grows super fast it is awesome. Pale green with neon blue polyps. If I had a better camera I'd get a pic posted of it but the camera I have just doesn't do it justice.

I picked up some new ricordeas for my wife last weekend and they are looking very nice. I should have grabbed more of them. BRK has/had a ton in and for a great price.

Someone asked me for so Macro algae...if anyone is interested in some I am going to need to trim in a week or so. Let me know if you are interested and it will be yours free, just cover the shipping cost.

Nothing else major to report as of now. I'm working on getting ahold of a new frag tank. I'm not sure if the deal is going to come through yet or not but we'll see.

I can't remember which thread i saw it on but i remember you were considering the lumenbright reflectors? Did you get those or are you still considering them?

ahh ok. do you have a PAR light meter?

I do not have a PAR meter but I have access to one. I'm not that concerned with the PAR values. I'm going to reduce the photo period of the tank to 2 hours (MH) per day when I install the Lumenbrites. I have read some horror stories of people not adjusting their photo period with these things and bleaching their corals.

Yeah i was more just curious if you were going to do a before and after kinda thing. Just to see how much of a difference they make compared to the old set up. You bought just the reflectors and are still using your existing bulb/balst and stuff right?

That is correct. I'm not going to upgrade to 250s like I had planned. There is a guy that has a 180 with 3 175s and the lumenbrites and his par readings are amazing even at the bottom of his tank. I'm going to have the bulb 16" off the surface of the water as compared to the current 10". This should help on the heat issue. From the before and after pics I have seen, I'm confident that this will make a huge difference in my tank.

haha well i'm excited to see the new lights. Try not to brake any more tanks so you can start working on that canopy ;)

LOL...if this tank breaks I'm done! I don't see how it will though. It is sitting on a granite slab and an extremely solid stand.

I still don't have everything back in yet. I'll be working on it this weekend though....

UGH!! I have been so exhausted with work and keeping up with the yard around here that I haven't done much to the tank. I did some water tests and found that my nitrates are up a little back to 20+. I kind of expected this and am just going to have to work it out slowly as things settle back down in the system.

My refugium is looking better then ever. The Macro is growing like mad so I know it is doing it's job of keeping things in check to a point. Another week or so and I'll be cutting the macro back quite a bit.

My RBTA lost a lot of color through this ordeal but is bouncing back nicely. I'm getting ready to pull the canopy off the tank and get some more corals in and maybe the rest of the fish.

Whew!

That was a job. I got all the fish back in the tank and most of the corals placed. I still have more coral to put in the 120 but I think I'm going to wait and see how I like things as they are. I left my 4 green Chromis in the frag tank with the other pair of clowns. I'm going to look into a different shoaling fish...I have a few ideas but haven't decided yet.

Anyway..I'll try and get some pics taken later this week and post them. The tank is looking ok....I'm still not happy with it yet but it will get there.

Yeah yeah....I'll get some pics posted soon enough. There really isn't much to look at as all the corals in the tank are only frags and you can hardly see them....It's not like it was in the 72 with large colonies...

Well since everyone seems to want to see a pic of this tank here you go. It is a quick one and not a very good one either. I really do need a new camera.

1011955smallnc1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom