Ziggy953's 150 Build errrr....120 Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ran by the LFS today to check things out and pick up a fish for my son's tank. While I was there I couldn't help myself and picked up a single polyp of RPE!

It hasn't opened up yet but when it does I'll get a pic and post it. I'm working on my Zoa/paly collection. Tuesday I should be getting my Tub's Blues and my Nuclear Greens in the mail. Ziggy's Reef is getting there. I'm a bit behind schedule since the back injury but we are getting there.

Ahh very nice. I've actually been trying to hunt down some PPE for a reasonable price but they are tuff to find.

Ok..so I did a nice PWC and siphoned about 5lbs of sand out of the display tank at the same time. The battle back and forth with the cyano was driving me nuts so I removed the top layer of sand where the cyano seemed to pop up all the time. After 3 days it hasn't come back. Since the addition of the sand to the frag tank I've been skimming really wet so that may be helping too. I've decided to really attack the nitrate/excess nutrient level in the system over the next couple of weeks. My nitrate level has been steady at 20 for some time and that is just unacceptable.

While I was sucking all this sand out of the tank I also got the most recent purchases placed in the tank as well and removed a few things. My incredible Trachophyllia had to come out of the tank. It was either that or try and catch the Yellow Belly Hippo. The fish just wont leave it alone. So off to the frag tank for that. Now I have all this open sand area...hmm...dare I try a clam?

Ok...so for addtions to the tank. I finally put a piece of my signature acro back into the display. I decided to not put the mini colony I have but rather a very small frag and see how quickly it grows. I also added the Sunset Monti (true tyree I'm told though don't care). I'm adding to my Zoa garden, Red People Eater (1 polyp) a variation of radio active dragon eyes and a nice frag of cat's eyes. I'm getting a package today that has my Tubs blues and nuclear greens in it. They will have to wait til I remove the canopy again. sigh...

I changed the direction of my flow a bit as well. I belive I'm going to add a 3rd nanostream to the tank and maybe bump it up a bit. What I did was move them from the sides of the tank to the back and lower the angle so they aren't creating as much surface ripple. The flow is lower in the tank and things look happy so far as I can tell at this point. I'd like to add the 3rd right to the center of the back glass pointed forward. We will see.

Other then pruning the fuge way back that's about it for updates at this point.

Gotta agree with them this time. Bust out the camera we demand pictures. The peanut gallery has spoken!

Well I would have uploaded these yesterday but my internet was being stupid. It's still not working properly. I guess Hughes will be giving me another free month of service! Anyway, you guys asked for it....

1012487mediumnp1.jpg

1012444mediumrr7.jpg

Red People Eater
1012443mediumex6.jpg

1012508mediumtw7.jpg

1012509mediumfh4.jpg

1012510mediumfc1.jpg

Ok...I hope that was enough pics for you. All of them were taken on 1/12/09 so they are current.

Hope you all enjoy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom