Ziggy953's 150 Build errrr....120 Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok since I know how much everyone loves pics it's time for some where we were and where we are....

So I took the all of my beautiful oak off the top of the stand and put down a piece of 1/2 Hardibacker board (used for ceramic tile) to help my concerns more then anything...
1011670smallgp7.jpg

Here is what we are shooting for with the rock work. Our short lived 150 tank with rock and fish in it...
1011661smalltp8.jpg

Sand in the tank
1011675smalluj3.jpg

SW going into the tank. Love the plate/bowl method
1011677smallzx7.jpg

Another view of water going into the tank
1011682smalljl1.jpg

A little over half full with one rock in the tank and my Nano Streams in place.
1011683smallsa6.jpg

I have tons of work to do to get the rock back in the tank but i have several helping hands so it should go much faster this time around.

LOL yeah it works in a pinch...the adult beverages always help in rock structure and dealing with the back pain!

Well the tank is now running on the system. Overflows going and skimmer going nuts!

It's cloudy but that is ok...time will clear it up....
1011684smalleo8.jpg

you didnt leave any extra space for when you will add the rocks corals and so on...

what will you do with the extra salt water that you are removing ? throw out or keep in the water mix unit ?

I have a sump that will take about 30 more gallons of water...not to worry...I also have my 55g frag tank that isn't all the way full either. I can have it fill all the way up which is another 5g or so. I have to do a major PWC so what water I have to take out will go down the drain!

you didnt leave any extra space for when you will add the rocks corals and so on...

what will you do with the extra salt water that you are removing ? throw out or keep in the water mix unit ?

The other day when we did this the water was really cloudy while we were putting the rocks in and it only got worse as we were going so we had to keep stopping, wait for the water to clear up put more rocks in and repeat. So, this way at least we don't have to do that... and knowing my hubby there is probably more then enough room in the tub in the closet behind the tanks to hold the extra water. I could be wrong but then again Allen and I don't even need words anymore to know how the other thinks. :D And if there is extra water the drain isn't that far from the tanks (THANK GOD).

Right now i'm still waiting on the water to clear up a little more so we can start placing the rocks. Last time it was a PITA because I couldn't see what I was doing....this time we are going to take our time a little more and do it better!

Glad your cloudy water cleared up after a little time, mine took almost a week to clear to the point where I could see :).

Holy smoke ziggy (and ziggy's wife!), I hadn't been following this thread at all. What a mess! Wish I was closer so I could've lent a hand or something. But I'm glad to hear things seem to be working out.

Holy smoke ziggy (and ziggy's wife!), I hadn't been following this thread at all. What a mess! Wish I was closer so I could've lent a hand or something. But I'm glad to hear things seem to be working out.

Thanks Kurt! It was a disaster! The new 120 is on the stand and clearing up as we speak.

I had to add a drain line to the manifold. I was only using 2 but that wasn't enough so I put a third one on and it seems to be doing the trick. When I put the MAG36 on the tanks I will probably have to throttle it back some.

The water is clearing up nicely and we should be getting the rock back in the tank soon....

Most of the rock is in the tank. We are waiting for it to clear up a bit more before continuing. It's hard to see what I'm doing. The progress is pretty good at this point in the game. We are taking it slow and making sure things are secure. I'm going to be nervous about the tank for a while after the 150 mess.

Here's what it looks like at this point...
1011687smallcy0.jpg

I have to say that I am very impressed with the performance of my skimmer. It is pulling some of the nastiest stuff out of the tank I have ever seen. I guess stirring up the sand like we did and moving the tank 2 times in a matter of days has something to do with that. It is working overtime! It's even pulling sand out. I just cleaned the cup for the third time today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom