Ziggy's 40b Planted Journey

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I hear ominous music playing Ziggy... Has the ripping and replanting commenced??

Sent from my IPhone

55 gallon, 30 gallon, 38 gallon

I hear ominous music playing Ziggy... Has the ripping and replanting commenced??

Sent from my IPhone

I'm sure it has. Unless he is distracted by the unusual weather phenomenon currently taking place in our region (it's called "sunshine"). Can't wait for the unveiling.
I got the bug and did a major trim and replant after midnight and into the wee hours. It was "Sleep or work on the tank?". I figured I could always sleep later.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Last edited:
Fresh, I'm heading that way myself to do my substrate changeover. Can't wait to see what Ziggy's going to come up with next!

Sent from my IPhone

Well here are a few pics of he progress so far. Left side of the tank has been pulled out and substrate added. I'm taking a break to allow the tank to clear again and fish to settle back down. I've been pulling gunk out of the tank and replacing the water so they probably need a little while to chill.

FfgQzLT.jpg

JQNmuzc.jpg

WX3jQOs.jpg

vD1jNWW.jpg

5HC052H.jpg

Next to go will be the right side of the tank. All the DHG is coming out along with the Ludwigia behind. The AG is going to get chopped and pulled out. I intend to replant the trimmings of the AG in the same spot. Getting there!!!!

Hey what were those white cap looking things on the bottom of the stem plants several posts back? Were they planted in them to hold the plants down or do you just poke your stem plants in the substrate? Just curious.

Hey what were those white cap looking things on the bottom of the stem plants several posts back? Were they planted in them to hold the plants down or do you just poke your stem plants in the substrate? Just curious.

Those were the ceramic rings that weighted the plants down at the LFS. I removed them from that and planted each stem individually.

Well....here we go...The main lights aren't back on the tank yet and it is past lighting time anyway but here are some pics....

ACCajEi.jpg

ieClnVY.jpg

qNyAB8v.jpg

Looks a lot better than the holy hot mess I have downstairs! Lol Looks great Ziggy! Are you planting other things in there or just reducing?

Sent from my IPhone

That was SOME spring cleaning! Waiting for the beauty shot now... (with lights). Okay those were the lights. I mean after the water clears and there are lights.

Last edited:
The background of red is gone! I see lots of substrate. Pics when the lights come on and the clarity is there.

Looks a lot better than the holy hot mess I have downstairs! Lol Looks great Ziggy! Are you planting other things in there or just reducing?

Sent from my IPhone

I am going to replant today, well at least some of it. Making a trip to the LFS in a little bit to pick up my new plants.

That was SOME spring cleaning! Waiting for the beauty shot now... (with lights). Okay those were the lights. I mean after the water clears and there are lights.

Haha...I'll take some pics today. There is still a lot of crap that has settled all over the place. I need to clear that up and clean out the filter which I'm pretty sure is clogged up with all kinds of gunk.

The background of red is gone! I see lots of substrate. Pics when the lights come on and the clarity is there.

The only thing left in there is the new plants in the left back corner a bit of moss and some of the Monte Carlo. Today I will probably trim up the MC on the DW.

Back
Top Bottom