Ziggy's 54g Corner ReScape

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I took a few pics of the tank today. It's looking pretty good though I'm still not 100% happy with it. I think this is largely because I haven't been running CO2 regularly and I haven't been dosing ferts regularly.

Anyway here are the pics:

A tank is curved:

1SEqbgf.jpg

1OPHWtu.jpg

HC Grows:
GoXy9Ep.jpg

DHG Spreads:
j4DZtw9.jpg

ROOTS!
fUAyLok.jpg

Hidden treasures:
MlgoVmg.jpg

LED upgrade project is done. It took me longer than I expected but the outcome is pretty cool. Here are a few pics from the process and the final look:

The original -
Ec7vZLc.jpg

Cleaned Heat Sink
EPZCMA9.jpg

Layout of new LEDs begins
e5U9wJw.jpg

Wired up
N4INZfG.jpg

Dimming controls
kFbft4C.jpg

Mounted and running:
Finishing touches to the dimming controls
SnX7AOw.jpg

4x9uNSc.jpg

YnyENNm.jpg

So I am getting close to putting fish back in this tank. I am still debating on whether or not to put the former residents back in. I would really like to have shrimp in this tank and a huge school of green neons...I wouldn't be able to do that if I put the big angel back in.

Decisions decisions.....

Maybe skip the angel and go with the greens and a school of micro rasboras or ember tetras.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Well I finished the upgrade to the upgraded lights. LOL

The color was off on the tank so I decided to add 5 blue LEDs and more whites.

Now I have:

30 3w White - 6500K
5 3w Red (630nm)
5 3w Green (525nm)
5 3w Blue (460nm)

Here are some pics:

Lowest dim setting (3 channel control)
oMHpSYJ.jpg

YAHYwcW.jpg

nnDEnEf.jpg

RGB only
JWvycv1.jpg

FTS - Lowest Dim setting
8WcrWLm.jpg

I'm considering pulling the HC out of the tank. It's not doing well but that is also my fault for not having CO2 on the tank regularly. I might just replace all of it with more Staurogyne Repens.

Well I'm off to the LFS to see what they have. I really want to get some fish in the tank so I might come home with something. I don't know....

Well I'm off to the LFS to see what they have. I really want to get some fish in the tank so I might come home with something. I don't know....

Good luck with the LFS. I'm usually disappointed when I go to mine ?.

Can't wait to see what catches your attention there!

Well what caught my attention I couldn't bring home...

There were a lot of awesome fish and shrimp there but I need to think more about what I want to do exactly in the tank before buying.

Getting the CO2 filled today so the 54 will have it's own bottle and regulator. YAY! I will finally get the 25' CO2 line off my floor!

Some progress pics of the tank from this morning

Top down
wRC2ZtO.jpg

3SyXxjk.jpg

Es8Qx1o.jpg

D7JP5IF.jpg

G7sFSRL.jpg

I3eFfyl.jpg

I put some HC on the driftwood to see how it would compare to what I did with the Monte Carlo in the 40. It's not growing as nicely but I think that has to do with me not dosing the tank with Ferts regularly. It's grown a lot but not as much as I would like.
B2a9vJa.jpg

Well the new timers and the co2 are doing well for the tank. Now that I have new timers I have the co2 set to come on 2 hours before lights on and it goes off 2 hours before lights out.

Got mine setup at those same intervals.
Did not realize how deep that tank is (well, looks deep for a planted tank).
Interested in the HC growth in DW. I'm thinking it might be challenged because the roots won't be surrounded by nutrient rich substrate. The HC Cuba I have is a slow grower. The few newer leaves appear to be slightly larger than the existing leaves. I have some in a terrarium for kicks.

Back
Top Bottom